kccustom

Weird problem with Hikvision and google fiber

I am having the darndest time getting the http and rstp ports changed on my cameras this is what is happening.

When I first install a camera it has all the standard ports open 80 for http 554 for RSTP etc. the problem comes when I change the port.

What happens after I set the port to anything else the camera reboots till it becomes inaccessible, I open the ports in the router like every other device I access on my network but these cameras seem to hate something in my google fiber network box.

I sent an email to google and all they could say was the standard do you have the ports forwarded in your router response.

I can sometimes ping the camera when it wont show up on the SADP program but soon that stops responding too, I have my old router set up so I can change the ports back to standard and every thing will work, on the old router I can put any port and it works.

I am lost because I don't know the right question to ask, is it a router problem or a camera problem? It sounds like a router problem to me but it could be a simple camera setting pissing off the router, if any body can point me to a starting point I would be very greatfull.

You are sure that the ports in the camera and the ports in the router match? Are you changing the camera IP address?

Yes that was the first thing I checked when it didn't work, google is convinced it is the camera with the problem, I think it is something in the router that doesn't like the way the camera chooses a different port.

So far I have tried DMZ, various different ports, changing only one port at a time, NAT on an off on the camera, upnp on and off on the camera and router.

I don't think there is anything else to try but I will try anything anybody can think of.

Have you tried to put a router behind the router (double nat) to see if it is the google router?

No but I think it is something with the way the camera changes ports that the fiber router does not understand because when I port scan the ports that i open for the camera it says the port is not open.

I just ordered a new NVR so I am hoping it will solve all of my problems, google has given up on me.

If I use my old router with dd-wrt everything works perfectly (told google support this) so I am sure it is the fiber router but they say they don't support 3rd party equip, the thing is 99.9% of everything you hook to your router is 3rd party.

I am having the darndest time getting the http and rstp ports changed on my cameras this is what is happening.

When I first install a camera it has all the standard ports open 80 for http 554 for RSTP etc. the problem comes when I change the port.

What happens after I set the port to anything else the camera reboots till it becomes inaccessible, I open the ports in the router like every other device I access on my network but these cameras seem to hate something in my google fiber network box.

I sent an email to google and all they could say was the standard do you have the ports forwarded in your router response.

I can sometimes ping the camera when it wont show up on the SADP program but soon that stops responding too, I have my old router set up so I can change the ports back to standard and every thing will work, on the old router I can put any port and it works.

I am lost because I don't know the right question to ask, is it a router problem or a camera problem? It sounds like a router problem to me but it could be a simple camera setting pissing off the router, if any body can point me to a starting point I would be very greatfull.

Did you disable UPNP on the camera?

Just never use UPNP it's insecure and not necessary when you have admin rights on the router.

Did you disable UPNP on the camera?

Just never use UPNP it's insecure and not necessary when you have admin rights on the router.

Tried it with and without UPNP enabled, no joy, if I don't change the ports every thing works exactly as it should but soon as I change them the fiber router wont let the new ports through, it looks like the camera is rebooting but i think it is the router just dropping it.

Works like a charm on my ASUS router with dd-wrt but I just really don't want to set up a double nat just to access the cameras remotely.

I just ordered a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 so I hope I can just give up on port forwarding individual cameras.

For now I am giving up on changing ports on the cameras, I just got the NVR (Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16) and I can do everything I wanted to do.

Funny thing is while messing with all of this I really started to like Blue Iris, its only money right?

For now I am giving up on changing ports on the cameras, I just got the NVR (Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16) and I can do everything I wanted to do.

Funny thing is while messing with all of this I really started to like Blue Iris, its only money right?

I just purchased the DS-7716NI-SP. How is it running? DO you like it?

I just purchased the DS-7716NI-SP. How is it running? DO you like it?

Runs exactly like it is supposed to and since I am running the nvr i dont have to change the ports on the cameras anymore.

I am still learning but you can still transfer some of the functionality of the cameras to the nvr like the line crossing detection, I love that feature for my driveway.