mcman56

Wireless Door Alarm for DVR Alarm Input ?

My new DVR has inputs for alarms. Does anyone sell wireless door/ window alarms that could be used to connect to the system. All I see is alarms that make noise. I believe the input is simply looking for a contact to close. I would have a hard time running a wire from window to DVR. A wireless device that could close a contact by the DVR should work. Or..is there some other way?

You could get a traditional security system and buy an optional output board. That would need a wireless door sensor, a wireless receiver via the alarm system control pad or a separate wireless board in the control panel. The control panel. And a separate output board.

The Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20P is one such system with all these options. Once you get the basic system, then you can get wireless devices for all sorts of things.

Here is a link...

http://www.security.honeywell.com/hsc/products/intruder-detection-systems/control-panel/burglary/ademco-vista/14958.html

To find this stuff for sale, search including the word "cart" (as in shopping cart) like...

honeywell vista20p cart