Mweston

Dahua use night mode in color?

Has anyone come up with a way to use a Dahua camera, particularly their mini PTZ SD42212SN-HN in color mode at night with external IR illuminators? So I guess I need a way to put it in night mode but still get a color image.

I'd like to use a combination of exterior white lights and external IR lights which I think will be ok in color.

What other cameras will this work on? I think I've only heard of vivotek being able to do it. How about Hikvision?

Thanks

you cannot get color and use ir at the same time with any camera...there is an ir filter that engages in color mode that blocks out ir light....there are junk cameras without the filter or you can disable/remove the filter on some models but the colors will look terrible so it would be pointless.

you cannot get color and use ir at the same time with any camera...there is an ir filter that engages in color mode that blocks out ir light....there are junk cameras without the filter or you can disable/remove the filter on some models but the colors will look terrible so it would be pointless.

Hmm ok. I thought I remembered a discussion on here of some saying that they somehow were able to control the ir cut filter and bw/color settings separately and it worked out better than being in b&w due to the mixture of regular white light and IR.

The IR cut have two types, one have only one filter, one other have two filters.

Check your camera if it have two filters, if have two filters, do not support mixture light(IR and white light).

Two filters function:

During day time, one filter filtered the IR lights to assure good image quality and reproduction.

During night time, one another filter filtered the white light to assure good b/w image.

One filter camera only have day time filter.

create a Profile in the camera and force setting to B&W in night mode. works fine. I have HFW-4200S, 5200S types