Sign in to follow this  
slopolytech

Do Hikvision IP cameras work fully with Dahua NVRs?

I have been looking for a sub $200 IP camera that has a vandal resistant metal housing, which Hikvision does. The Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4300E is exactly what I am looking for but can't find ANYWHERE if it has a metal or plastic housing (I am assuming plastic).

So I have the following questions:

1) Has anybody tried using Hikvision IP cameras with a Dahua NVR? Do all functions work such as motion, alarms, etc?

2) If not, does Dahua make a sub $200 infrared dome camera that has a metal housing?

Thanks!!!

Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4300E: The body is constructed from heavy aluminum; absolutely no plastic on the outside. The dome itself is essentially a plexiglass type material. Dahua states it's IK10 rated, but I still don't know how much I trust that rating system. We just finished testing it. For what it's worth, it's a solid camera.

Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW4300E: The body is constructed from heavy aluminum; absolutely no plastic on the outside. The dome itself is essentially a plexiglass type material. Dahua states it's IK10 rated, but I still don't know how much I trust that rating system. We just finished testing it. For what it's worth, it's a solid camera.

Don. So is the dome 4300E dynamic range 100% identical with the 4300S? Or could it be just this particular model 4300S with the excellent dynamic range? 4300 comes in 3 forms, the bullets 4300S, 4300E and the dome BW4300E.

Our comparison between the 4300E and 4300S revealed them to be indistinguishable in every aspect to include dynamic range.

I'll say this again though: Our results are based on the products we have in hand at the current time of the test and are subject to change sometimes very rapidly. I emphasize very rapidly because the models we get in are often improved upon within the first year of receiving them almost as if they were released to the market as prototypes. Ideally what this means is that whatever we determine will only get better over time assuming they change at all. I've already watched the 4300E go through some minor alterations.

THANK YOU!!! This makes me happy to hear! I wonder why they don't list that these are made from aluminum, seems like a good selling point to me

Do you have anywhere that you recommend purchasing a HDBW4300E? I have just been looking on eBay, but always taking a chance there. Thanks for your help!

THANK YOU!!! This makes me happy to hear! I wonder why they don't list that these are made from aluminum, seems like a good selling point to me

Do you have anywhere that you recommend purchasing a HDBW4300E? I have just been looking on eBay, but always taking a chance there. Thanks for your help!

Message sent. It's just one suggestion, but I don't have many to give. I don't have a personal relationship with a whole lot of retailers.

Note that you can't get support directly from Dahua, and will need to get support from whoever sells you the camera for firmware updates and such. Ebay vendors often don't offer this, so be sure to check with whoever you choose.

Hikvision cameras work with Dahua NVR's, at least current models.

Have you confirmed this with motion detection by any chance?

Absolutely. Worked on a review and only had 2 Dahua cameras, so supplemented with 2 Hikvision cameras and works the same way with camera motion detection.

Hikvision cameras work with Dahua NVR's, at least current models.

Have you confirmed this with motion detection by any chance?

Absolutely. Worked on a review and only had 2 Dahua cameras, so supplemented with 2 Hikvision cameras and works the same way with camera motion detection.

I've been having some problems with this lately; not sure what the deal is. I could very easily be doing something wrong though during setup.

Awesome. Last time I tried this it did not work, but it has been a while.

I think this is a new feature with the latest firmware. I was surprised it worked so well. The other way around, not so much. Was not able to get Dahua cameras to record with camera motion detection on the latest Hikvision NVRs.