alexf40

Hikvision snapshot to have lower resolution than video?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the snapshot functionality run at a lower resolution to the actual camera?

I'm using Cammy an Australian app which stores up to 1 frame per second for free, however my cameras are running at 3 mega pixels which means my upload speeds aren't enough to send to them.

I'm saving directly to the NVR so want high resolution, but would also like higher frame rate footage on the app.

Cheers

Alex

Are you trying to do this on the NVR or the Camera its self. Please provide us with all model numbers and firmwares for these device.

Hi thanks for the help.

The NVR is a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P with V3.0.10

The cameras are all DS-2CD2332-1 with V5.2.0

I've tried looking through the NVR menus, but I can only seem to change the main resolution of the video which then changes the snapshot.

Cheers

Alex

You can change the screenshot resolution on the NVR, and I am quite sure also on the camera. But that will just change the resolution of the screenshots when the NVR/camera emails you with a screenshot.

That "Cammy" app you are using (never used it) probably gets the screenshot from your camera/NVR main stream. So, it probably just connects to the video feed, and gets 1fps. If that is the case, whatever resolution you set on the camera/NVR screenshot will not make a difference. If the app gets the 1fps from the main stream, whatever resolution you set your main stream to, that will be what Cammy gets.

Thanks for the reply. The NVR only allows me to set the main resolution which in turn changes the screenshot resolution to match. There is a drop down on the screenshot resolution but it only shows the one choice which is the main resolution.

The Cammy app just receives the screenshots directly from the cameras. They are setup to upload to the Cammy FTP server.

My cameras are working at 1920x1080, my screenshots are at 760x576.

DS-7716NI-ST v3.1.5 firmware.

262145_1.jpg

On the dropdown I have automatic (which I guess would be the same resolution as the main stream?), 704x576, 352x288 and 176x144.

Well in the 76xx , you do not have the options to do all that. The picture that @Mindtwist posted, is on the 77xx series.

Even on the camera itself, your only limited to uploading snapshots at the same quality as being recorded.

Just to confirm, I've actually set the snapshot within the camera directly. After double checking I've realised I don't think I even have any snapshot settings from within the NVR itself.

Just to confirm, I've actually set the snapshot within the camera directly. After double checking I've realised I don't think I even have any snapshot settings from within the NVR itself.

Correct. there is no Snapshot settings in the DS-76xx series. like i said you can do it in the camera but it will be doing the snapshots using the resolution that the camera is in now and you cannot just change the resolution for the just the snapshot and have the recording on a different resolution.