coolj

Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I w/ 5.2.0 reboot / not respond issue

Long time lurker here - awesome forum! Finally decided to buy a couple IP cameras to test, both off eBay, one of which is the Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I dome camera.

I will be giving my feedback (esp. in comparison to the other ELP camera I bought) on another thread in a few days.

But I have one particularly irritating issue that I wonder if anyone else has had...

When I reboot the camera (i.e. not power cycle, but change a setting on the camera that requires reboot, such as the video 50/60 Hz or IP address), it basically 'bricks' itself temporarily.

In other words, it completely stops responding--doesn't even establish an IP on the network. The IR stays ON (when it would normally go OFF, during daylight).

The only way I have found to get it to start responding again is to unplug it for ~20 minutes or longer. Then, it will boot correctly.

The firmware that came loaded (presumably by the Chinese eBay seller, as the IP address had been changed from the default to 192.168.1.4) was v.5.2.0.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Should I be pushing for a return on this puppy?

Thanks much everyone!!!

-Justin

The particulars:

Model DS-2CD3332-I

Serial No. DS-2CD3332-I20141025...

Firmware Version V5.2.0 build 140721

Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

Hmmmm.... ya sounds like someone messed the code on it and had an issue with that camera and just sold it on eBay. I would deff return it. What location are you in?

Have you tried reloading the FW on it?

I don't think it will take the same firmware, you might have to TFTP it. Or just return it and buy one from an authorized reseller.

Oh ok, Im right here next door to you in Louisiana. There is some bad weather today hitting us.

I could not find the FW for the camera, looks like an Australian/Chinese market product. You should have gotten the DS-2CD2332-I , which is the USA model and has all firmwares for it. If you can return it that would be your best bet. If not, i would try to see if that one accepts the DS-2CD2332-I FW . Both cameras are exactly the same but different model numbers, and small minor codes in the back end to comply with rules and regulations overseas.

Try the 5.2.0 but for some reason if it does not work, try 5.1.0 and see if that works or even accepts it.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/

All else fails, return that sucker and buy you a DS-2CD2332-I from the USA market.

Thanks abdelm01.

I contacted the eBay seller and they said that a Hikvision rep will be contacting me. I'm not going to hold my breath on that, but if I have any good news, I'll be sure to post.

I was wondering what the difference was between the 2CD3332 vs. 2CD2332 was. Now I know!

Notwithstanding the reboot issue, I like the camera as a whole, with one major exception: low light performance. Compared to the much cheaper 2MP camera I bought (with a Panasonic CMOS sensor, I believe), this sensor is quite noisy. Anyway, I'll start another thread on that after I get this issue worked out.

That's the myth, but models are actually the same camera and both can be English or both can be Chinese versions. I seriously doubt it's Hikvision USA as it invalidates the warranty if you don't buy it from an authorized wholesale distributor directly as an installer/integrator as they don't allow resellers. So if you are expecting support from Hivksion USA, that would be so cool if they finally decided to support end-users, specially from ebay or amazon, it would be a genuine Christmas miracle! My guess is he'll have someone call and pretend they are from Hikvision.

As an update to the issue as I've narrowed it down more...

The reboot issue is regardless of whether it is software initiated or a simple plug-unplug power cycle. If the camera needs to rebooted, it must be unplugged for around 10 minutes first, otherwise, it will 'hang' and the IR LED won't turn OFF (that's the quickest way to tell whether it booted or not).

Try re-loading the firmware. If that doesn't fix it, something is wrong. Never seen a Hikvision camera do that. You can get firmware from Hikvision.com, click support, download, firmware and it's the one that says 2xx2_series_ip_camera_firmware_v5.2.0....

Try re-loading the firmware. If that doesn't fix it, something is wrong. Never seen a Hikvision camera do that. You can get firmware from Hikvision.com, click support, download, firmware and it's the one that says 2xx2_series_ip_camera_firmware_v5.2.0....

DS-2CD24x2&25x2_WiFi_Camera_Firmware_v5.2.3_141024.zip

Works with reg camera

Yes, loaded it on a ds-2cd2632f-i, no problems. There's one change I like in that it asks you to change the password if you leave it at the default.

As an update, for others that might run into the same issue...

I tried to update the firmware, but it would error-out each time (it would upload the firmware but fail shortly after that). So, back the camera went. Finally got another one, and all my problems are gone so far.

I would not recommend putting any version less than 5.2.5 on a camera that has a label stating it left the factory with 5.2.5.

This is the case even if the camera is supplied with a version less than 5.2.5

I'm not able to provide further information regarding this so feel free to ignore my advice if you wish.

Newbie here!

I recently bought the DS-2CD2332-I and had about two days of playing around, setting up and generally just getting to know it and the iVMS-4200 software.

Then, it bricked itself. Probably from the rebooting of it and not adhering to the unplugging after reboot process.

The weird thing is, it will not respond to its IP browser interface or the iVMS GUI... BUT, I can assign a new IP address through the SADP GUI. I can see it on my network with the IP I assign it through the SADP GUI.

Also, it's warm as if it's live or recording, like when it was working correctly.

Even if I wanted to reload the firmware, how could I do it without the IP browser interface?

Sorry if this topic was covered elsewhere, I searched Hikvision.com as well as general web searches and this forum.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Newbie here!

I recently bought the DS-2CD2332-I and had about two days of playing around, setting up and generally just getting to know it and the iVMS-4200 software.

Then, it bricked itself. Probably from the rebooting of it and not adhering to the unplugging after reboot process.

The weird thing is, it will not respond to its IP browser interface or the iVMS GUI... BUT, I can assign a new IP address through the SADP GUI. I can see it on my network with the IP I assign it through the SADP GUI.

Also, it's warm as if it's live or recording, like when it was working correctly.

Even if I wanted to reload the firmware, how could I do it without the IP browser interface?

Sorry if this topic was covered elsewhere, I searched Hikvision.com as well as general web searches and this forum.

Any assistance is appreciated!

If you SADP can discover it, then you should be able to into the camera.

Is you PC and Camera on the same IP scheme?

If you want to reload the FW, download this Batch Upgrading Tool and install it. One you open up the tool, click on show devices and add the camera, then make sure you select the reboot the device after upgrade and then select you file location and upgrade.

Here is the link to the tool, the link will expire in 36HRS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g30rwxl37auh91/Batch%20Upgrading%20Tool%28v2.0%29.exe?dl=0

If you can ping the camera, try to telnet into the camera at that IP. You should be able to login with admin/12345 (if you haven't yet changed the default password). If that gets an invalid user, then try root/12345. If the /dav or /davinci directory is empty, that's bad.

I found with their latest hardware revision, there has more than the usual amount of camera firmware failures. I've found no way to easily fix this. Maybe someone like CBX or iTuneDVR has come across this and has a cure.

Hi I bought a hikvision ds-2cd3332-i camera from ebay.

I updated the firmware, but unfortunetly it does not work. The cam is starting the red led is on after a while is turning off, and this is repeting.

I downloaded firmware from official site form (http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/) V5.3.0 build 150814(new) .

But is does not work.

If I see the router, the camera does not get IP adress. So I don't know how to reach the camera.

How can I reset the firmware ?

Do anyone had this problem ?

Tnx

You probably have a Chinese region camera that came with hacked firmware for English. Installing western region firmware can cause problems like constant reboot loops. If your serial number contains CCCH, this is your problem.

There are a few ways around it, like installing older firmware with the TFTP method or hacking the newer firmware. It can be fixed if you're a bit technical, but is a pain.

There are a few pinned posts at the top of the forum that discuss this. If you search on bricked 2cd2032 (same issues), you'll find other posts on this.

Hi I bought a hikvision ds-2cd3332-i camera from ebay.

I updated the firmware, but unfortunetly it does not work. The cam is starting the red led is on after a while is turning off, and this is repeting.

I downloaded firmware from official site form (http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/) V5.3.0 build 150814(new) .

But is does not work.

If I see the router, the camera does not get IP adress. So I don't know how to reach the camera.

How can I reset the firmware ?

Do anyone had this problem ?

Tnx

Google this " whoslooking 5.3.0 downgrader " you will find the answer to fixing your camera, is in a different forum that I'm not allowed to mention.

Your Camera is running in min-system recovery mode and is not bricked or damaged in any way.

All the Best Whoslooking