Sign in to follow this  
aurmol

Alarm Output that can ring your cellphone

Ip cams Alarm Output is very useful if it can ring your cellphone like those Gsm alarm system especially if your camera is in unattended remote building or house. I can imagine using a very cheap cellphone and having some kind of mechanical switch touching the call button in the cellphone and Alarm Output moving the switch to make the cell call you. Is there such accessories that can do this? Anyone has ideas?

Connect push button to alarm input on recorder then have that alarm send sms or call when pressed

My Nvr can't call cell phone nor sms.. it can only email (and email has delays and mine doesn't work). Are you talking about gsm alarm system? But this is expensive.. I just need a unit to able to call or sms with trigger input...

You can use cameras that have push video like AVTech who started the trend or even Hikvision cameras have push notifications using apps on smartphones. It chirps the phone to alert you of an event, then plays back the video created from the event. It takes maybe 2 seconds, faster than actually dialing a number and having to answer a phone.

Although I've never tried it, Mobotix cameras have VOIP feature that can dial a phone and provide an audio alert message.

Anyone has ideas?

Not for a cell phone. But if you have a landline, or something that connects through a (say) USB modem, then something like this

http://40th.com/CNX/

which, on an event, dials a number, or calls a number then plays a .wav file (a voice modem is needed for that). If you have internet at the location then I think it's easy enough to dial, or call.

It's a large html page so don't do it on a mobile.

http://40th.com/CNX/gfx/10_camsetup_evtActions.png

Think what your looking for is a gsm modulator.

262180_1.jpg

Cool. I tried goggling "gsm modulator".. it doesn't come up.. where can one buy the above and what's the brand?

I can't find the particular gsm module above after scouting the net for hours.. does anyone know of a cellphone with Alarm In (to be connected to the Alarm Out of the NVR) that can dial preset number when triggered?

Alternatively, pls. think of any device that can move when powered with enough torgue that can press the green call button of any cell phone. Maybe a small 12 volts fan that can press it (but this doesn't have enough torgue).

My NVR email notification just can't work in all combinations and my push notification cant reach my phone when it is in mobile mode (Push can only get in when cellphone in Wifi mode).. has anyone successfully negotiated Push in gDMSS while in mobile connection?

Push notifications work great with gDMSS and wifi, mobile, 3G, GPRS, or whatever I have tried.

Our country mobile isp has bandwidth of less than 3000 Mbps only so they disallow cctv streaming. If you are caught streaming for more than 5 minutes of 800 kbps videos. Your account will be disconnected for one day. Second offense your mobile sim will be terminated. So we can only remote view less than 30 seconds of live feed. Push notification can't work in mobile maybe because they banned it. But wifi can. And wifi only exist at home so when you are outside, the only way the nvr can contact you is by dialing your phone (because email doesn't work either).

Push notification done by cameras involves an app on your smartphone. When the camera detects motion, it sends a signal, likely in the way of REST interface to that app and the phone chirps. How can they disallow that, unless it's N. Korea, I just saw a documentary on that country called "The Interview", tragic. Viewing the video is optional, up to you but usually it's only 10 seconds long.

With Hikvision it only works with iPhones (claims to, but does not work properly with android). Dahua's I've never tested but I believe it requires the pay smartphone app for that feature, not the free one. With AVTech, it works with their free app, but they have a pay app without advertisements, but the only advertise their own products. Also, regardless of brand of camera, BlueIris NVR software has push notifications with it's smartphone apps.

You can have most cameras send you a text via your phone companies email protocol. I usually get these sort of notifications within 10-15 seconds, not as fast as push notification, but faster than email notifications. I use this with my home automation system to alert me of issues.

Push notification done by cameras involves an app on your smartphone. When the camera detects motion, it sends a signal, likely in the way of REST interface to that app and the phone chirps. How can they disallow that, unless it's N. Korea, I just saw a documentary on that country called "The Interview", tragic. Viewing the video is optional, up to you but usually it's only 10 seconds long.

With Hikvision it only works with iPhones (claims to, but does not work properly with android). Dahua's I've never tested but I believe it requires the pay smartphone app for that feature, not the free one. With AVTech, it works with their free app, but they have a pay app without advertisements, but the only advertise their own products. Also, regardless of brand of camera, BlueIris NVR software has push notifications with it's smartphone apps.

You can have most cameras send you a text via your phone companies email protocol. I usually get these sort of notifications within 10-15 seconds, not as fast as push notification, but faster than email notifications. I use this with my home automation system to alert me of issues.

I have 2 units of the same NVR4204. And I have bought the paid android gDMSS with p2p access. I have 1 unit at home to experiment and another at a remote location. While I can view the NVR remotely. Push notification can only arrive if I was at Wifi. If mobile internet. Push notification can't be received. I don't know why. Maybe p2p and push can't be used if mobile uses 3G and not Wifi. But note I can connect to the nvr remotely and adust setting such as enable Push Notification even in mobile internet. But it can't receive it. I also done experiment and have my home nvr (same model nvr4204) in front of me manually triggering the alarm input.. and just the same.. if the phone is in mobile internet. It can't receive it just like the first nvr. Again if I use wifi at home and my remote nvr detect something remotely. I can receive Push notification. If anyone knows the solution to this deep mystery. Please let me know.

After a day of testing trying out all combinations which includes using port forwarding, buying 2nd iDMSS plus in an IPAD and borrowing another Samsung phone and buying 3rd gDMSS installing in that phone and borrowing 3 mobile sims and exchanging them in all kinds of combinations. I determined the problem is in my Samsung phone.. it is a dual sim grand 2. I'll let the service center reflash it and if not successful. Push notification may not be compatible with dual sim Samsung and i'll have to buy another phone.

But then. I still need to get a backup GSM dialer.. because the monitored building is a bank and no one to watch it at night. So need to rely on cctv and motion detection and 100% transmission of that signal which GSM dialer can certainly do (and upon live view confirmation will deploy SWAT team to surround the bank building for engaging and apprehension of the bank robbers).

Just an update. I went to the Samsung service center and have the phone reflashed. Push notification can work now. Apparent some other applications caused conflict in between the two dual sims and some system disturbances.

But for ultra security. It seems a separate GSM alarm dialer connected to separate PIR is necessary.. because if the robbers cut off the building power supply.. there NVR can't even send notification.. unless it is put on UPS.. but then you can't hide both NVR, UPS in hidden area to keep them off robbers. And even if UPS functions, they can see the red IR lights in the camera and may even return to you to get the evidence. So gsm dialer with battery backup seems the best solution for instant at the scene police action. But if anyone has other thoughts. Please let me know.

In my country. 90% of banks don't have security guards at night. They rely on cctv and mostly analogs. No joke.