flynreelow

Problems with Hik-Online

Anyone having problems with the hik-online site. Im trying to add a camera, but no matter what I do, its not accepting the serial number. I have done this before, with chinese version hik, and US version hik, and have never had a problem.

Just wondering if Im doing something wrong, or if the site is acting up?

Any other nice free alternatives to this site, if I cant get this working.

What error message are you geting? I have no problems with hik-online, but I have not added any new device since before christmas.

"The device serial No. is not registered, please check the input and the device network settings"

I tired the entire serial with the model number, and I also tried just the first, then last 9 digits. nothing seems to be workin..

any ideas

"The device serial No. is not registered, please check the input and the device network settings"

That means that the device (IP camera, I guess) is not connected to hik-online, so you can not register it. You are only allowed to register devices currently online, so you are not able to register (by mistake or intentionally) a serial number that belongs to someone else.

Is the camera turned on? Does it have internet connection at that moment? Is the network configured correctly on the camera? It needs IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers. Is the DDNS section on the camera configured correctly to use hik-online? Once the IP camera/serial number is registered with hik-online, you will be able to add the device.

That means that the device (IP camera, I guess) is not connected to hik-online, so you can not register it. You are only allowed to register devices currently online, so you are not able to register (by mistake or intentionally) a serial number that belongs to someone else.

Is the camera turned on? Does it have internet connection at that moment? Is the network configured correctly on the camera? It needs IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers. Is the DDNS section on the camera configured correctly to use hik-online? Once the IP camera/serial number is registered with hik-online, you will be able to add the device.

This camera is online and working great. I have already added it to iVMS-4200 software on my Mac. Works great, looks great. Just trying to set up outside of my wifi viewing, so wanted to get the hik-online working. For some reason it doesnt want to take my serial number...

any other ideas?

THANKS!

This camera is online and working great. I have already added it to iVMS-4200 software on my Mac. Works great, looks great. Just trying to set up outside of my wifi viewing, so wanted to get the hik-online working. For some reason it doesnt want to take my serial number...

Again; check the DDNS section. The serial number does not belong to a device connected to hik-online.

Again; check the DDNS section. The serial number does not belong to a device connected to hik-online.

I dont think you can fill out the DDNS section unless you have gone to hik-online and set up an account first. It says "PArameter Error" and wont let me fill in anything except for the domain.

I dont think you can fill out the DDNS section unless you have gone to hik-online and set up an account first. It says "PArameter Error" and wont let me fill in anything except for the domain.

You are not doing it right. Of course you can. If you do not have the DDNS configured for hik-online, it will NOT let you register the device. As I said, it only allows you to register a serial number of a device that is ALREADY connected to hik-online. You can not just go and register any random serial number that might belong to someone else.

You are not doing it right. Of course you can. If you do not have the DDNS configured for hik-online, it will NOT let you register the device. As I said, it only allows you to register a serial number of a device that is ALREADY connected to hik-online. You can not just go and register any random serial number that might belong to someone else.

Ok. would u mind laying out some basic steps for me to get this going? I did this months ago, with a different hik camera, and it worked great. Please let me know what I am going wrong...

Ok. would u mind laying out some basic steps for me to get this going? I did this months ago, with a different hik camera, and it worked great. Please let me know what I am going wrong...

No way to tell you what you are doing wrong if you do not say how you are trying to do it...

No way to tell you what you are doing wrong if you do not say how you are trying to do it...

ok.. im getting somewhere.... was able to add the serial, but says device is offline. I think this happend last time, but took about 24hrs for it to pop online. What else could be causing this?

EDIT.. im good.. had to log out both and reboot

If you are creating a ddns account from the dvr/nvr you do not have to go to hik-online to register. Make sure it says success after inputing info for ddns. Hik ddns server are continually going down. They are saying they cant keep up with demand and are going to add more servers eventually. Connectivity has been horrible for the past month lets see if they do what they say they will do.