bobfromnj

Help with false camera activation

I have an indoor camera set for motion detection when we are away. A lamp that goes off at 11:30 pm triggers an event (only when it goes off) Does the fact that its a cfl bulb have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

Bob

It is that the picture has changed to something different than it was before - you now have a bright light when before there was no bright light!

Your system probably has a way to block out certain areas of what the camera's motion detection is seeing. Just block out the light portion of the picture so the camera's motion detection can't "see" it.

That will require reading the instruction manual several times probably. Also they don't include the full instructions with products these days, just short idiot versions. The FULL instructions might be on the manufacturer's web site. Also try reading the instructions for the manufacturer's other models - sometimes they word things differently in other manuals and it makes more sense.

Also might want to post your DVR brand and model number along with your posts.

A light going on is going to trigger it...you will have to block off way to much to avoid the trigger..the more you block and or raise the sensitivity the more you risk missing footage...You need a camera with a PIR sensor like the hikvision 2432 or attach a pir sensor to your camera if it has an alarm input.

It is that the picture has changed to something different than it was before - you now have a bright light when before there was no bright light!

Your system probably has a way to block out certain areas of what the camera's motion detection is seeing. Just block out the light portion of the picture so the camera's motion detection can't "see" it.

That will require reading the instruction manual several times probably. Also they don't include the full instructions with products these days, just short idiot versions. The FULL instructions might be on the manufacturer's web site. Also try reading the instructions for the manufacturer's other models - sometimes they word things differently in other manuals and it makes more sense.

Also might want to post your DVR brand and model number along with your posts.

Thanks for the info. It looks like I would have to block out to much of the area that the light shines on. I might be able to use a different light in a different area.

Thanks for helping to understand this.

Bob

A light going on is going to trigger it...you will have to block off way to much to avoid the trigger..the more you block and or raise the sensitivity the more you risk missing footage...You need a camera with a PIR sensor like the hikvision 2432 or attach a pir sensor to your camera if it has an alarm input.

Thanks. I do have alarm inputs on the DVR. Can I use a pir that would be used in an burglar alarm system? How would I wire it?

Thanks, I appreciate the input.

Bob

Thanks. I do have alarm inputs on the DVR. Can I use a pir that would be used in an burglar alarm system? How would I wire it?

Bob

Yes you can..here is a basic example

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/DVR-Alarm-Input-Setup-s/717.htm

Bob

Yes you can..here is a basic example

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/DVR-Alarm-Input-Setup-s/717.htm

Thanks again, appreciate the help.

Bob