Anybody have experience with Backstreet Surveillance? I need counsel from UN-invested experienced people on where I'm gonna get quality equip. at best price and decent folk to deal with if there's problems. Trying to stay away from trouble.

Like any other seller online, they have a mixed bag of reviews. I can tell my looking at their cheaper cameras that they are selling longse cameras. That goes specially for their HDCVI cameras. Since you are new to shopping for CCTV, what that means is that those cameras are dirt cheap and not worth the exaggerated prices they are being sold for. Their IP camera prices are very expensive.

I suggest looking at more site before making a decision, getting a price quote, and then making your decision.

Thanx for reply central. I know I need to shop. That's what I was needing counsel on. Your counsel, I think, is that "longse" cameras aren't what I need and Backstreet sells them. What I need are solid recommendations on what IS good and who sells them right.

Like any other seller online, they have a mixed bag of reviews. I can tell my looking at their cheaper cameras that they are selling longse cameras. That goes specially for their HDCVI cameras. Since you are new to shopping for CCTV, what that means is that those cameras are dirt cheap and not worth the exaggerated prices they are being sold for. Their IP camera prices are very expensive.

I suggest looking at more site before making a decision, getting a price quote, and then making your decision.

This article you may refer to study, becasue Cantonk is sub company of Lonse.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40086

Good luck

Thank you joseph.chen0312. Anybody got counsel on Alibi products from Super Circuits?

Super Circuits' Alibi line is re-branded Hikvision. There's plenty of discussion on here about Hikvision you can dig into if you don't know about it already.

Edit: Having just gone through their Alibi line a little more, some of it might not be Hikvision. There's a couple things I don't recognize.

Thanky Joe. Don't seem to be getting anywhere here. Dissappointed. Didn't know I would have so much trouble getting a good steer. Wish I knew where I could. I can't afford the professionals or the trial and error hard way.

Thanky Joe. Don't seem to be getting anywhere here. Dissappointed. Didn't know I would have so much trouble getting a good steer. Wish I knew where I could. I can't afford the professionals or the trial and error hard way.

I'm not really sure there was so much dancing around this. From what I gather, you just want a push in the right direction for purchasing products.

If it's for your home, Dahua and Hikvision are popular choices. I normally don't recommend anything bigger and better for a private residence. You're going to ask which is better. When it comes to Dahua and Hikvision, it's a matter of personal preference and opinion. Pick one and stick with it.

Knowing who to buy from is different. For products from Hikvision and Dahua, a lot of people like to buy from Amazon and eBay (also Aliexpress for Hikvision). If you don't mind some risk and the likelihood of zero support from the people you purchase from, these aren't bad places to look.

If you want to go in the other direction and purchase from a more typical eCommerce store like Super Circuits, you might pay a little more but it comes attached to things you don't get with sites like Amazon; phone support, instructional video, how to guides, etc... I get the impression from previous posts that this is the direction you're moving in.

Make a couple decisions here and recommendations will follow.

I think I was fooled by CantonK. I bought DVRs and Cameras from them, and every time I ask assistance, they keep on saying their technician is outside, or answer "OK" after telling them my concerns...after enumerating all the concerns, after a paragraphs of messages, everything is wasted, no reply from them other than "No technician". I don't want to post my grievances here, my patience is long, but I want to catch their attention because my client is waiting and it's been months chasing on them.

Dear CantonK,

Please be professional to attend our concerns about your product.

I AM WAITING. Big Big Please!!