jamesmith134

Question about IP camera recording

Hello,

I want to buy an IP outdoor security camera because of its higher quality compared to regular CCTV.

I also want to record with it, but I dont know if I must connect the NVR to a router in order to be able to record, or I can record by just connecting the LAN cable from camera to the NVR, just like a standalone system (like CCTV and DVR), and then the router is just an extra (maybe to remotely access the camera or for live view etc.)

Thanks!

If the NVR has a built in POE switch you can record directly to an NVR. Otherwise you may need a switch or POE injector to provide power to the camera and then a cable from the switch to the NVR would provide the connections for ALL the camera connected to that switch.

Routers are used to connect (and route between) multiple networks. At home what that means is routing between your home (internal) network and the larger (external) public network that your ISP provides to you.

Thanks !

If I want to buy this camera : Hikvision DS-2CD2332-i, can you please give me a link to a good NVR that can record directly to it? or maybe a combination of separate NVR and PoE switch, that won't be too expensive? (Is there a special thing to look in the NVR specs for this built-in PoE switch, or it is called "built-in PoE switch"? )

*Or you can just give me a good combination of NVR + Security camera for a budget of up to 180$?

(Please search on Aliexpress if you do because that's where I can purchase right now)

Thanks again!

Hello,

I want to buy an IP outdoor security camera because of its higher quality compared to regular CCTV.

I also want to record with it, but I dont know if I must connect the NVR to a router in order to be able to record, or I can record by just connecting the LAN cable from camera to the NVR, just like a standalone system (like CCTV and DVR), and then the router is just an extra (maybe to remotely access the camera or for live view etc.)

Thanks!

If you dont need to view it remotely, LAN is ok.

Here is a system picture for you to understand more.

263304_1.png

Our manufacturer drew this.

I'm sorry I don't really have time to be your personal shopper.

" title="Applause" />

Went beyond asking for a little help...