trb

Motel/Gas Station/MiniMart project

Newbie that be me. I need to develop a CCTV system for a Motel/Gas Station/MiniMart. I currently have an 8 camera system that has 420p video (very poor). I want 10 to 12 cameras all at 1080p. I want to be able to view the cameras remotely. I would like to cover the cash registers and display cases in the Mini Mart. I want to cover the gas station area. I want to cover the Motel area parking lot and possibly the exterior corridors. I have a 10-100 backbone thru out the property as well as wireless. I will probably be upgrading the backbone to Gigabit. The property is approximately 1 acre. It can be seen here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Howard+Johnson+Marina+at+Monterey+Bay/@36.679816,-121.78482,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808dfce966e7a25d:0x13e6a1b8cd594b76?hl=en

Any help, ideas ,vendors ,preferences ... would be appreciated. I am technically capable (EE) but certainly do not know much about the rapidly changing field of CCTV. Thanking you in advance

Terry

I usually go to B&H's website to research and buy stuff.. they have a wide variety and good search to narrow things down.

Newbie that be me. I need to develop a CCTV system for a Motel/Gas Station/MiniMart. I currently have an 8 camera system that has 420p video (very poor). I want 10 to 12 cameras all at 1080p. I want to be able to view the cameras remotely. I would like to cover the cash registers and display cases in the Mini Mart. I want to cover the gas station area. I want to cover the Motel area parking lot and possibly the exterior corridors. I have a 10-100 backbone thru out the property as well as wireless. I will probably be upgrading the backbone to Gigabit. The property is approximately 1 acre. It can be seen here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Howard+Johnson+Marina+at+Monterey+Bay/@36.679816,-121.78482,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808dfce966e7a25d:0x13e6a1b8cd594b76?hl=en

Any help, ideas ,vendors ,preferences ... would be appreciated. I am technically capable (EE) but certainly do not know much about the rapidly changing field of CCTV. Thanking you in advance

Terry

Terry,

Depending on the size of the property and your required views, 12 cameras may not be enough. Again, if oyu only have two pumps and two aisles it may be sufficient. I would go with AliExpress and get 12 Hikvision cameras and NVR. Remember your cable runs will be limited by ethernet cable max length (~300ft).

CYANiDE

I will check. Any thoughts on the CostCo http://www.costco.com/AvertX-16-Channel-NVR-with-4TB-HDD-and-10-Autofocus-3MP-HD-IP-Dome-Cameras.product.100097394.html

Any thoughts on auto tracking cameras?

Save yourself some money. I would stay away from AvertX. I think you can save yourself money by going with a Hikvision setup. If you go with a US distributor you will be around the same price as the AvertX for much better equipment.

Thanks for the info and I am now looking at Hikvision. There is factory support here in Los Angeles and I have a security oriented company here (Secom International). I will explore them with a view as a supplier to Secom. Any other thoughts? We do parking revenue control systems and sometimes put cameras in to support the revenue control.

Terry

Thanks for the info and I am now looking at Hikvision. There is factory support here in Los Angeles and I have a security oriented company here (Secom International). I will explore them with a view as a supplier to Secom. Any other thoughts? We do parking revenue control systems and sometimes put cameras in to support the revenue control.

Terry

Only thoughts are to use quality cable and RJ-45 connectors. Everything else is pretty straight forward. For parking control, some cameras can integrate with POS systems and overlay the current transaction on the camera.

Not that I am not listening but any thoughts on Samsung SRN-1670D-8TB 16CH HD Network.

I do have rack space in an electrical closet. How does the Samsung stuff rank with the HiKiVision stuff?

So now I have been trolling at AliExpress and B&H. Submarines have better luck with their sonar turned off.

So now I have been trolling at AliExpress and B&H. Submarines have better luck with their sonar turned off.

I would go with a local guy if you want Hikvision stuff. At least you'll get 3 year warranty and customer support with the cost difference.

Samsung has some decent equipment but it looks like they are getting out of the CCTV game. You could always go with custom servers and run a VMS like Milestone, Genetec, etc, but they are very expensive compared to Hikvision stuff. You can also go with any other name brands, but generally the best bang for your buck will be Hikvision.

Proving that I have boundless energy with sonar turned off any thoughts on VS-4116-PRO+-US from QNAP.

I have some experience with ASUS NAS and the NAS approach seem to be address the drive swapping issues.

Tomorrow I will try to meet with the HiKVision engineers if my marketing guy can set up appointment. I do not know if there is an API to interface the files. I have a transaction oriented log review that would be slick if I could drill into the video file and show a clip during the a particular transaction time.

I am going to try an owl vision ptz

O-RDC305IP-G-W20IA-W1

Coupled with a QNAP v6-4116/ or 2104 for a basic test. I have multiple interests in this project. I am thinking about hooking up one of my transaction oriented applications and allowing a click on an event to grab a section of the video from the QNAP and display it on a local PC.

Of course I have ordered some stuff but does anyone have some experience with these devices.

I am going to try an owl vision ptz

O-RDC305IP-G-W20IA-W1

Coupled with a QNAP v6-4116/ or 2104 for a basic test. I have multiple interests in this project. I am thinking about hooking up one of my transaction oriented applications and allowing a click on an event to grab a section of the video from the QNAP and display it on a local PC.

Of course I have ordered some stuff but does anyone have some experience with these devices.

How much are you paying for that noname ptz? you might be better of buying a dahua with a warranty..how are you going to use the ptz? if you are not going to monitor or set up pir or magentic motion triggers then its a total waste.

Boogieman

Well as PT Barnum said there is one born every second. I "hope" that the auto tracking works. The claim is to auto track and auto zoom on the subject. If that software works I think it has value. If not then I have spent some engineering money and will end up with hopefully a camera that can be manually driven. I do not have any knowledge in this CCTV area but I want to gain some. I will try to check out the "Egress" as I heard it is quite an interesting bird. In another area check out terrybixler.smugmug.com some cool (I think) pics. Hopefully the mods will not take offense.

Thanks for the reply

TRB

Boogieman

Well as PT Barnum said there is one born every second. I "hope" that the auto tracking works. The claim is to auto track and auto zoom on the subject. If that software works I think it has value. If not then I have spent some engineering money and will end up with hopefully a camera that can be manually driven. I do not have any knowledge in this CCTV area but I want to gain some. I will try to check out the "Egress" as I heard it is quite an interesting bird. In another area check out terrybixler.smugmug.com some cool (I think) pics. Hopefully the mods will not take offense.

Thanks for the reply

TRB

Even if it worked well which is doubtful, its a waste in that type of application....get more fixed cameras and learn how to properly place them...the ptz going be useless when there is more than one person in the area and its only tracking one...

Boogieman

You may be absolutely correct. I was thinking of an exterior use watching the gas pumps. Additionally at my shop to have one watching my gated parking lot. I think on the interior stuff that fixed cameras are the ticket as well. My goal is to buy some stuff and evaluate in my shop (30000 sq ft + parking lot). If I can gain some understanding in a "fake" world where I have some control then I can try deploying into a world where I have less control. I want to try some stuff watching cash registers as well for both my mini mart and for my parking revenue control. www.secomintl.com

TR