oldtimer

Hello Again

I haven't been on the Forum for several years. During this time I sold my business and have spent a lot of time in the hospital.To refresh some of my old friends when we posted years ago, I'm 90 this year and installed my first CCTV system in 1948. I can't believe how things have changed in the last 3 years. It's also amazing how the installing companies do not take care of their customers as we did years ago. If I run into an old customer, they all ask me to service their systems as the companies either I sold to or companies they call, do lousy work or don't follow thru. It's just good to be back.

1948, that a while ago, what were the systems available in those days, the oldest ones I am aware of are Grundig with 1inch tube cameras. Who was making CCTV back then, and I imagine they were all mains driven?

1948, that a while ago, what were the systems available in those days, the oldest ones I am aware of are Grundig with 1inch tube cameras. Who was making CCTV back then, and I imagine they were all mains driven?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I had trouble logging in. RCA made our first camera. It had a vidicom tube for pickup. It had a face plate of about 4 to 5 inches. If you go on the dealer section, I described it in detail, several years ago. The message is still there. That's for your message. It's snowing here very heavy and it's around 6 degrees.

Hi John . Nice to see you back ... Your supposed to be looking after the grandkids now

Hey it's grand kids and great grandkids 8 grands and 61/2 great. We have heavy snowing here at present Temp is 6 degrees.Sorry I didn't acxknowledge your message sooner. I had problems logging in.