manomeskiukas

3 out of 4 cameras on monitors have gone white?

My 4 camera residential CCTV system as gone a little strange all of a sudden, 3 of the 4 cameras appear to have gone white balance for some reason, I did notice they went through a strange colour change prior to this one went with a red hue one with blue hue, what causes this please and is it curable?

Are they Analog or IP? What are the model numbers.

Sounds like the Iris went out on them. What happens when they kick into night mode?

Hi thanks for the answer, must be noted that I am not totally tech minded but did manage to install the CCTV system myself, have been and got the packaging which the system came in which hopefully will answer what you require to know it's H264 stand alone system I bought from China with 4 cameras (just standard) with infra red lights built in, I installed a 1 tb hard drive into system myself it as worked well for over a year but suddenly began to get brighter on 3 of the 4 cameras, point me in the right direction of where to look in the menu of the system and I will try to get the information that you require to try to help me.

Does your DVR have a Model Number. Look on the bottom , left, right, or back of the DVR to see if there is a sticker that would have the model number. If not, most likely it won't since its from china website, go into the menu and look for anything about device information. If you still cannot find out what the model number, take a few pictures of the DVR, from the back and front and Menus, and post them here. Someone here has to have seen it before.

Also these cameras, what was the environment like for them. As in indoor or outdoors, are they directly hit by weather, does the sun beam light into the camera lens during the day?

Do you know the brand of the cameras? Look under the lens cover or bottom of camera for Model Number.

They might be a bad quality that just couldn't survive any longer.

Cannot find any thing apart from version 2.4.4. in device info but have attached screenshot, also screenshot of how it is now, three cameras nearly back to normal, but some have a curious red tint to them. 3 cameras are outside and at some point of the day may have sun shine on them but not constant. The cameras I cannot find any model number etc and they look pretty generic, picture attached also, any help as stated before would be greatly appreciated. How do you attach pictures to this post please btw?

When replying to the post. Scroll down and you will see a box that says Upload Attachments. Please Choose the file and select submit.

Man, that is some bad quality cameras. Does the whiteness occur at certain times, like when the IRs kick in or when it rains etc . Did you check your cable connections. Try changing the cable ports on the back of the dvr and see if the whiteness still happens on the same camera channel or just on the camera itself.

The whiteness seems to occur at approx 8.45 ish in the mornings and last most of the day? the cameras have been fine for over a year as I said so just a little puzzled why now, i'll change cables around later to see if just the three out door cameras do this, whats a cheap brand of camera that gives better return of picture with IR's built in like these.

Pictures of monitor taken this morning after moving cables around last night, shows how bad the cameras are during daylight now, also views of DVR but as thought no info available anywhere on box.

10918859_10205587948881059_2123469371_o.thumb.jpg.506f2993958d5e0d3b24bfa136e8c7a7.jpg

10918406_10205587932640653_513446614_o.thumb.jpg.5227584ad54cc527a8a70ba1294c0a3f.jpg

10918334_10205587932320645_131988570_o.thumb.jpg.e6f503765adc7604d06ead4fbacb39be.jpg

Those are probably just some after market Chinese brand. Ya thats pretty bad. Looks like only the outside cameras are getting the white screen? Do me a favor and put your hand on the lens of one of the white screened camera, and make sure you cover it where the sensor kicks on IR and when it does, remove your hand and look at the screen and tell me what happens.

Your best bet is to replace those camera and DVR. I would go with a fair 4CH NVR that shouldn't cost you more than 600. To me it looks like those cameras were intended for indoor use and not great for outdoor use and over time it took a tole on them. Replace them and save your self a headache.

Interesting thing I notice today, cameras are OK ish at night time but as day light comes they go white, likewise as dusk comes they go back to operating lol, work that one out as the pictures show below.

10912207_10205589984011936_237477594_o.thumb.jpg.899682a658a0723e7cd6c9c63b3f527c.jpg

10912311_10205589989412071_1277366989_o.thumb.jpg.31b5891e532fcb20385d70f5a996ad92.jpg

10927398_10205589994092188_648332337_o.thumb.jpg.213182a385d88e6ee9de3803f9073433.jpg

Can you put al your settings back on default for images. It could be that the brightness or some other kind of image settings was done at night and looked good for night mode but looks bad for day mode. Just set everything back to defaults and see what happens. Also it could be the IRIS going out that cause the sensors to change effect when light applied to the lens

agreed, looks like someone tweeked the brightness to full high for better night mode, not realizing it would wash out day mode viewing.

I have already done a factory reset on the DVR moved all cameras around 3-2 4-1 etc but still when daylight comes to them they go white? night time goes back to being OK.

Update to what I did last night after resetting to factory settings the DVR I unplugged each camera feed power supply one by one and left for roughly 10 seconds then reconnected them, I could see an improvement in the picture quality straight away, left overnight until daylight and they stayed on with fairly good picture quality still, not sure what the issue was or is but have you ever heard of cameras having to be rebooted so to speak?

Attached picture of monitors today.

10918500_10205594835533221_540673467_o.thumb.jpg.e4eda160d5c3c8fd7143edee18ecf15b.jpg

Looks better. Usually you would have to restart the cameras also after resetting the defaults in the DVR so the cameras could take effect of the settings. Hopefully it was just that.

That looks like a Zmodo system or a "knock off" of one

Zmodo is nothing to write home about

Did the contract adjustments work?

Looks better. Usually you would have to restart the cameras also after resetting the defaults in the DVR so the cameras could take effect of the settings. Hopefully it was just that.

In an IP system yes

This is an old analog system, all of the "brains" are in the DVR