bobfromnj

Help with some wiring.

I have a CSP-8PRO960H with a total of 7 cameras and would like to do the following. BTY I am a retired electrician and have no trouble running wires.

I have 2 interior cameras in separate areas. Since I am having difficulties (previous post) on false alerts with lighting I would like to use a PIR in each of the 2 areas to trigger the camera in that area, set off a siren in that area and send a email alert. Is this possible?

Any help would be appreciated,

Bob

I would record CCTV 24/7 for the area. Then you are always covered with the cameras.

Then get a regular security system with two PIR's. I'm sure newer systems would also be able to send an email notification upon an alarm situation. They can also call a cell phone and say which alarm is going off.

The advantage of a regular security system is that it is designed to be turned on/off, connect to a siren, send the email, etc. And the advantage of NOT connecting it to the CCTV system is that some CCTV systems do not have any sort of alarm trigger or output connection.

Note you can spend a bit more on the PIR's and get a "dual technology" PIR. They have two sensors - Microwave and Passive-infra-red. Both must trigger before an alarm is triggered - prevents false alarms.

I would record CCTV 24/7 for the area. Then you are always covered with the cameras.

Then get a regular security system with two PIR's. I'm sure newer systems would also be able to send an email notification upon an alarm situation. They can also call a cell phone and say which alarm is going off.

The advantage of a regular security system is that it is designed to be turned on/off, connect to a siren, send the email, etc. And the advantage of NOT connecting it to the CCTV system is that some CCTV systems do not have any sort of alarm trigger or output connection.

Note you can spend a bit more on the PIR's and get a "dual technology" PIR. They have two sensors - Microwave and Passive-infra-red. Both must trigger before an alarm is triggered - prevents false alarms.

Thanks for your input. I was considering your advise at one time but since my DVR has both input and output connections I wanted to take advantage of that. It is already set up to send emails and a snapshot upon alarm. I didn't want to record the interior 2 cameras 24/7 while we were home. Mainly want them to record when we go away.

Thanks also for the advise on the PIR's. I have been looking at the duel technology units which seem to have come a long ways from years ago and will go with those.

Bob