ntsecurity35

NVdv4-16900 MP4 technology vs the remote view difficulty

I installed 2 NVdv4-16900 at 2 different location. one of them has the dsl, other has cable modem. Locally access is perfect as far as network view within the LAN.

Viewing Remotely is extremely Slow. I eventualy determine it to be the upstream bandwith of both location. I just don't think the 384K upstream would be enough for this MP4 technology. I don't realize Nuvico using the T1 line for all of their Demo. when I show the nvdv4 demo to the customer by connecting to the nuvico website demo, the frame rate is so fast and real. after installing the nvdv4 at the customer site, i felt like i had misrepresent the product to my customer. I don't think the my small business client will pay 159-200 dollar a month for interent service that would give the the 512 kbs upstream.

The point is I like nuvico's DVR, but I should have been warn by the manufacture about the remote view with a big upstream bandwith.

did any of your guys out there facing the same problem as i faced? is there a way to get around it beside upgrade the client internet service with the better upstream bandwith?

~kinda~

I have more issues with their BS compression methods. This is usually the bandwidth culprit. I'm not familiar with the NVdv4 specifically but mpeg4 should be pretty kosher with DSL.

I installed 2 NVdv4-16900 at 2 different location. one of them has the dsl, other has cable modem. Locally access is perfect as far as network view within the LAN.

Viewing Remotely is extremely Slow. I eventualy determine it to be the upstream bandwith of both location. I just don't think the 384K upstream would be enough for this MP4 technology. I don't realize Nuvico using the T1 line for all of their Demo. when I show the nvdv4 demo to the customer by connecting to the nuvico website demo, the frame rate is so fast and real. after installing the nvdv4 at the customer site, i felt like i had misrepresent the product to my customer. I don't think the my small business client will pay 159-200 dollar a month for interent service that would give the the 512 kbs upstream.

The point is I like nuvico's DVR, but I should have been warn by the manufacture about the remote view with a big upstream bandwith.

did any of your guys out there facing the same problem as i faced? is there a way to get around it beside upgrade the client internet service with the better upstream bandwith?

Sorry guy, but that is really something you should have been aware of. You can always bet that a demo is going to be using a fast upload connection because they know how to best represent their product. Upload speed is costly and not readily available to the average consumer, unless you want to pay big bucks like you said.

Chalk it up to live and learn. You just have to do your best to explain it to your customer unless you sold them on the idea that it would look just like the demo they saw or you showed them. That is a tough one.

Mpeg 4 is usually better for internet viewing because of the same file sizes. Is there 16 cameras on the DVR? What cameras are you using? Whats the frame rate and resolution on the dvr set at?

Im running that same unit (NVDV4 Turbo) on a T1 at 1.5/1.5. Over the past couple weeks Ive been adding a camera here and there. Im at 12 now and headed towards all 16. The amount of cameras installed on the system has nothing to do with streaming speed. Its a bandwidth issue. After all that box is rated 480/480.

Now, on the T1 I have installed and with the DVR set to 360 X 240 resolution, I only get max. 15 FPS (web stream)when a given camera is in single view mode and 1.5 FPS on full display mode. Dont get me wrong, this DVR is a heavyweight and 15 FPS/camera is more than adequate. Im just wondering if I had the box on a T3 would the OSD read 30 fps transmission on single mode and 3 fps on a full 16??

One intersting thing Ive learned about this unit is that pixelation (motion and type of CCD) will affect the stream as well. Certain cameras actually stream faster or slower in my set-up (Exviews look the best)A softer image transmits faster. It would be great to talk to somebody that has experience with this unit. As far as I know, the settings are correct for the fastest web streaming possible.

All-in-all, this DVR is a monster.

I am looking at this unit also. B digital, would you tell me which cameras you have better luck with in streaming? Thanks Is it hard to set up?

i have simular problems with my symdec GE D1 4 channel Mpeg unit. i have a almost T1 upload speed at the site of 1mb but the thing will pixel out unless i drop it down to 5 fps leaving it at D1 on all 4 channels. i dont know if its my modem or what? i run a software showing me that i average 100kbps from it even though i should be pulling a meg from all the tests, and the ge teck thinks its in the pipeline so how do you fix that?

ive ran speedtests showing me great speeds remotely and locally but it just dont really happen.