Sign in to follow this  
Tibbu

Interference on DVR's output on TV

Hi,

I have given the analogue output(RC) of a DVR to a LED TV.

But there is lots of interference appearing on TV.

I have used good quality shielded cable and its length is just 50 meters.

No AC220 volt line visible nearby the cable(maybe they are under the wall)

So my question is can i use simple CCTV CAT5/6 balun to te remove noise or a standard ground loop isolator is needed(which is costly)

Thank you

An earth loop isolator MIGHT remove it IF it is caused by an earth loop which I doubt. Baluns DO NOT remove noise/interference that is already in the signal they help remove noise through common mode rejection techniques that get onto the transmission line from an external source. Identify the cause of the problem & the solution will become obvious

Thank you so much for reply. I will try re-routing the cable from other wall. If failed will use ground loop isolator.

Hi Tibbu.

It's worthwhile checking that a ground loop is the actual problem, before spending money on an isolator.

Does the TV have a grounded (3 pin) power plug? If it does, then you might have a ground loop problem.

Have you tried unplugging the other stuff from the TV's AV and HDMI ports? One of the other devices plugged into it might be grounded, so unplugging them could remove the ground loop. Although if the TV has a 3 pin power plug, then you will probably continue to have a ground loop.

@ Horizon, TomCCTV & The Toss sorry for delayed reply.

Well TV has only two pin plug for 220VAC connection. Nothing is connected with the TV other than DVR.

I will take a picture of display and post it tomorrow.

Thank for replies.