Sign in to follow this  
gabemcg

Dahua camera with Hikvision NVR

Dahua IPC-HFW4300S with Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P.

I managed to get the NVR to see the camera by adding it with a Custom Protocol (Main Stream, RTSP, Auto, 554). I can see the live view, but when I go into Display Settings, Video Settings, or Motion Detection, I get an error saying "The camera does not support the function".

Is it possible to get the Dahua cameras working with the Hikvision NVR with full functionality?

I bought a single Dahua camera as a test... I also just purchased one of the newer Hikvision cameras to test with as well, but I am waiting for that to be shipped.

Any insight would be helpful!

Hikvision NVR will not do motion detected on RTSP streams. So if you configure the camera as an RTSP streams, you won't have motion detection.

You can try to get them working as ONVIF, which is how you should have done it from the start, but even there I am not sure if you will get motion detection working at all.

So replacing the Dahua cameras with Hikvision is my best bet?

That is a sure bet.

I am not saying it won't work with Dahua IP cameras; it might. In fact, if you already have one, you should try it... But you need to add it on the NVR as ONVIF camera, and not as RTSP stream.

Reset the NVR config, and now ONVIF is working with the Dahua... not sure why that fixed it, but I had not done a config reset after firmware update on the NVR... maybe that has something to do with it.

Some functionality is still limited, but at least motion detection on the NVR is now working.

I am setting up the same NVR and Dahua cameras as above. I have just gotten connection to work via the external IP port and a POE injector. I am really hoping to achieve operation using the internal POE ports. was this successful or not?

I am setting up the same NVR and Dahua cameras as above. I have just gotten connection to work via the external IP port and a POE injector. I am really hoping to achieve operation using the internal POE ports. was this successful or not?

I think you should be able to get it working as ONVIF, I have done it with other (crappier) cameras. But you will only be able to change the basic settings on the camera, like maybe the name, for any other change you will probably have to log in direct to the camera.

If you get working video and motion detection, you should be happy.

very frustrating. I can see the 4 cameras fine using an external POE switch (10.0.0.XX). When I change the IP address setting of the cameras to suit the internal (192.0.0.xxx) port range, I see no connection. With identical video settings other than the IP address, I cannot see the cameras .

very frustrating. I can see the 4 cameras fine using an external POE switch (10.0.0.XX). When I change the IP address setting of the cameras to suit the internal (192.0.0.xxx) port range, I see no connection. With identical video settings other than the IP address, I cannot see the cameras .

maybe this will help you?

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38893

I have been able to get ONVIF cameras working using the integrated POE ports on Hikvision NVRs, check your settings!

Set the IP to your cameras to match the NVR POE network card. By default it is 192.168.154.1

Set your cameras to 192.168.154.2 - .3 - .4 - etc...

Set the IP to your cameras to match the NVR POE network card. By default it is 192.168.154.1

Set your cameras to 192.168.154.2 - .3 - .4 - etc...

... and then on the camera config choose ONVIF, the correct port, and user/password.