Jinfiltration

How to access home CCTV from outside?

Hi,

I had installed CCTV and NVR, currently is connected to my Cisco Router.

I had also download a app called Goolink connected to the same network using WIFI to see my CCTV screen if i am not on my NVR monitor.

Is there any way to access my CCTV outside using my mobile data? means when i am at work or something i can see what happen to my house.

263492_1.jpg

Hi,

I had installed CCTV and NVR, currently is connected to my Cisco Router.

I had also download a app called Goolink connected to the same network using WIFI to see my CCTV screen if i am not on my NVR monitor.

Is there any way to access my CCTV outside using my mobile data? means when i am at work or something i can see what happen to my house.

263492_1.jpg

Yes

[Yes

can you advise me on how to do it?

or any website to read about it, please.

What you are looking for is port forwarding...there are many threads on this.

Very simple. You'll need to setup port fowarding on your router. You need to find the port number that your NVR uses for viewing on your phone (since it is working on your local setup, it's whatever port number is currently working).

Google your Cisco routers' model number then port forwarding. For example if you have a RV110W then you would google "Cisco RV110W Port Forwarding Tutorial"

Is it a residential grade router or a business/commercial router? Post the model number and I'll see what I can do to help.

Just as a FYI, the screenshot you posted is what's called "Dynamic DNS"

This is used so you don't have to remember what your IP address is, or if you IP address changes often. Most cable modems now use a semi static IP. It won't change unless you do a hard reset on your modem, or if they're doing alot of work in the area and bring down the neighborhood router. Still I have a static IP but use a dynamic DNS solution so I don't have to remember the IP address.

If you want to learn more about dynamic dns just google it, there is PLENTY of information out there. Looks like your NVR supports it natively. This means the NVR will check what your external IP address is, and will update automatically. 99% of these services are free, you just need to use the service that your NVR supports. Mine supports no-ip.com and that's what I use.

By simply doing few simple things you can access your home CCTV from outside. Go to the setting option and click on DDNS setting fill all the details and make sure that Enable DDNS checkbox is checked or not, if it is not checked then check it. Now you can simply access your home CCTV from outside as well.

Simply setting up a DDNS will not allow him to access from outside the local network unless the NVR and router support UPnP. Even then ive never had UPnP wirk reliably. Best option is to forward ports.

All DDNS does is turn an IP address into a legible domain name, and update that DNS registry should your ip address change (hence the dynamic).

By simply doing few simple things you can access your home CCTV from outside. Go to the setting option and click on DDNS setting fill all the details and make sure that Enable DDNS checkbox is checked or not, if it is not checked then check it. Now you can simply access your home CCTV from outside as well.

Prove it.

You make it sound so easy, but there is just a little bit more to it than that...

Whenever we need help on how to port forward routers for CCTV remote viewing we also use www.portforward.com . It allows you to choose exact make and model of the router you are trying to port forward and also a full walk through of how to do it.

www.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk

Look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=44412

First, check the DHCP box in the network settings, then you have to reopen the network settings and look for the ports and internal IP address (this address should now be differen, so it isn't 192.168.1.188 anymore). Please change your ports in the network settings as specified below for your own convenience. Look at the original thread for the picture (be aware that the internal ip address and HTTP is different in that picture).

Based on HTTP port 90, Remote port 34599 and internal IP 192.168.1.8 (this IP can be different (look in the network settings of the nvr), this is needed for your modem/router)

Please try the following settings in your Dlink modem as described in the picture. You need to forward all the ports since these are necessary for the NVR to broadcast the pictures, so HTTP port, Remote port, Remote port +1, Remote port +2 and Remote port +3. So in total, you have to forward 4 ports (90,34599,34600,34601 and 34602). For the app vMeye on Android or Apple you need Remote port +3, so in your case 34602, to get it work.

After you have forwarded the ports, the following are needed to access your NVR:

Internal_IP:90 for internal network: 192.168.1.8:90

External_IP:90 for external network

If you have an android phone you need to download vMeye and follow the following steps:

Download Vmeye on Android

- Add Device DVR1:

- Put in Random name: DVR internal

- First Internal IP Address >>> 192.168.1.8

- Port number >>> 34602

- Username: admin

- Password: Leave it blank or type your admin password

Check if you can see the cameras.

- Add Device DVR2

- Put in Random name external: DVR external

- Put your external IP address

- Port number >>> 34602

- Username: admin

- Password: Leave it blank or type admin password

If it's correct you can see your cameras in the app both using your internal IP and your external IP. So first try DVR1 and then DVR2.