Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatSaltini

Looking for a basic CCTV system

Hello,

This is my first time posting here so I hope I am in the right place. I am looking for a pretty basic CCTV setup, but I've had an incredibly hard time finding what we are looking for. So I was hoping someone here could lead me in the right direction.

We run a retail operation. We have a manager's office right next to the registers. What we need is 2 cameras right outside of the office, and a monitor inside the office (or a 7 inch tablet would be even better). It doesn't have to be wireless since it is literally 6 feet of cord we would need to run, but we would accept a wireless system as long as it doesn't interfere with our current wireless network. We also don't need to record so a DVR system would be overkill. We just need to be able to monitor what is going on in real-time.

This seems like a really basic setup, and when it was explained to me what was needed, I thought it would be a piece of cake. But after scouring the internet, I'm having a hard time finding a very BASIC system. I know we can go the route of wifi cameras, an android tablet, and an app, but we would like to find an all-in-one system that just works solidly 100% of the time.

Can anyone recommend something to me? Thank you.

High resolution is not that important. It could even be in grayscale if we had to.

Basically one camera will be for monitoring the lines at the registers to know if we need to call in reinforcements, and the other camera will be to monitor who is knocking at the door of the office. (We count cash in the office so we have to keep the doors closed.)

hi

depending on how much money you plan for this, I suggest a synology system and some Dahua or Hikvision cameras. However each camera license costs 50 USD (1 camera license is free with the synology).

The NAS also has to be connected to an UPS and in a well secured place.

And you need a reliable switch, which has PoE option. Cisco has some good type, but they are not cheap.

Joe

hi

depending on how much money you plan for this, I suggest a synology system and some Dahua or Hikvision cameras. However each camera license costs 50 USD (1 camera license is free with the synology).

The NAS also has to be connected to an UPS and in a well secured place.

And you need a reliable switch, which has PoE option. Cisco has some good type, but they are not cheap.

Joe

Did you read the OP? Synology? what? its exactly the opposite of what he needs...he needs the most basic system for a reliable live feed only...

You can get a basic system like this...you dont need to set any recording, just output the dvr to a monitor..if you look around you can find cheaper systems..

http://www.amazon.com/SANNCE-Surveillance-Weatherproof-Outdoor-Cameras/dp/B00GB1IMDY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1421422479&sr=8-8&keywords=4ch+dvr

if you want to pay more and have better quality you might consider this

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-4-Channel-HD-720p-Security-System-with-500GB-HDD-and-4-720p-Cameras.product.100140528.html

High resolution is not that important. It could even be in grayscale if we had to.

Basically one camera will be for monitoring the lines at the registers to know if we need to call in reinforcements, and the other camera will be to monitor who is knocking at the door of the office. (We count cash in the office so we have to keep the doors closed.)

Hi. For such a high class area why do you not want to record.

Soon as something happends you will wish you had.

But if you don't wish to record then you have to keep in mind that someone in the office is going to have to keep watching monitor or tablet.

This might be a better idea for you

263556_1.jpg

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I hadn't thought of a 2-way mirror. Unfortunately I talked to the manager and he isn't really feeling that.

I had looked at the Saance and Lorex systems on Amazon and thought they were a little too complicated for what I need. The price is right, though, so maybe that is what we'll end up with. The cameras do look kinda huge. I'd love to have something a little more discrete and less big brother. It is what it is, though.

I will look into the analog cameras and quad splitter and frame grabber. I have never heard of that terminology so perhaps Googling them will open up some new avenues for equipment we can use.

Thanks again.

Hi. What budget is your boss looking for ??

This is a axis plug and play with SD card storage

You might find you will only need one camera as the axis has a good wide view

Just plug into your network and view from any pc or tablet on same network and view anywere away from building.

263579_1.jpg

Axis P1214-e

If I am not wrong you are looking for installation instruction of basic CCTV system. In-fact the installation instruction vary from device to device. Each device has their own way to install it. So it is good to consult with those firm who do provide this kind of service, they will easily guide you as per security system you are using.