Sign in to follow this  
cctv cameras

no ip.com

hi guys/girls ive just started using no ip.com(free version) to view my cctv remotely,but from what im told i will have to log onto the website every 30days and change the address im using in order to keep the free service?? which is a bit of a pain!! if its true, is there an alternative(free)!! where i can set up an account, download there DUC and thats it end of story?? im using windows 8 on a pc if that makes any difference??

The DUC client updates your ip address in case it changes. The 30 day activation is different from the DUC and keeps your account alive. This is just a way to make you purchase the service.

You don't need to change anything else (at least in my case).

No-IP will send you an email every 30 days to renew the free service. That does involve following a link to their site. The renewal process takes about 6 seconds...

The alternative is to just pay them the $20 a year ($1.67/mo). This is just me, but this is so cheap that it's not even worth my time to go out and try to find someone who does it for free and as reliably as No-IP.

We've been using No-IP and referring people to them for years. I don't recall a single complaint other than people complaining about how they forgot to renew because they were trying to cheap out as hard as I've ever seen. They used to not even enforce the 30 day renewal policy but they've been systematically going through and correcting that since the last time I talked with them (maybe 6 months ago).

ok thanks for the reply's, so as long as i just log onto the website every 30days?? then i dont need to change the dvr address?? thats cool and thanx guys

The only account I have to manually update every 30 days is one that doesn't have a dvr inline at the moment doing the updating. My other active dvr updates the account no problem and I do not have to do that every 30 days manually. Dahua dvr's and nvr's act as the updater, as should a router if activated for no-ip. It's only accounts that do not get auto updated by your device that will need manual updating, as far as I can see.