Sign in to follow this  
p9dyl

Problem with saving image settings on Hikvision cameras

Hi guy's.

I have recently installed a Hikvision NVR and 4x 3mp cameras into my home. I did a lot of research on these forums to help get me setup!

I have managed fine with everything but when I go directly into each of my camera settings I cannot save any settings in the "image" menu, whether it be in basic or advanced settings. The strange thing is that I set 2 of my cameras to be on day mode all of the time when I first set things up. In most of the other menus there is a save button at the bottom of the page but there is none on the image menu.

I was wondering if there was a save command I could input through the keyboard or if someone else has encountered the same issue? I have not changed any software either before I changed to day mode and since so cannot understand my problem. My cameras are all on firmware version V5.2.0 build 140271.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have save button on that screen. But anytime I make a change it is automatically saved with a message on the bottom "Save succeeded." Are you logged in as "Admin" user?

Yes I am logged in as admin. I can change all other settings without any issues. On the screen for live view it says no plug in detected and I am unsure if I was able to view the cameras image before. Maybe this could have something to do with it?

Yes that has everything to do with it. Get the plugin working, and the auto-saving should work as you make changes in the Image menu.

I noticed it didn't work one day when I accessed the camera with a non-standard web browser on a linux laptop.

If you're using a popular browser you should have no trouble.

As telc said, it will automatically save with a "Save Succeeded" message at the bottom right as you make changes.

Ok I will try and get that up, I am using Internet explorer. Will give Firefox a try tomorrow and see how I get on! Thanks.

It should prompt you to install the add-on (Plugin) called "Web Components". Then everything should work as you expect.

Good stuff...

It should work with no issues in Internet Explorer.. It might have been that you missed the plugin warning that pops up, or some security settings inhibited it.