cooper1234

Q See QC588-8e3-1 and Android Device

My system was working great for months and suddenly I stopped receiving motion alerts on my android. I still get other alerts like emails. Remote camera viewing still works fine.. I have reinstalled the android QC App which did not help. Nothing seems to have changed with the DVR setup so pretty sure it's the Android (samsung note 2). This happend once before and I force stopped some apps and it started working however that did not work this time.. I did do a factory reset on the phone to get rid of any bugs... Any suggestions...

Is that QSee a Dahua unit? My push notifications stoped working on 15/Jan, and someone else on the forum also reported their push stoped working without any changes.

Have not heard that name how would I find out. You are not going to believe this I have been messing with this from about the 15th. Just as I was responding to this thread I got an alert and it started working again! Amazing... You think it could be a Network thing? Seems like quite a coincidence that are notificatons went down on the same day? Funny if yours started working...

Well, you bet it did, what a nice coincidence! Keep in mind that push notifications go through third parties, so there was nothing wrong with your (or my) Android.

In fact, I did test with another device two days ago and it was working; it just was not working with my DVR at home (which has an older firmware).

It's good to have them back

temp.thumb.jpg.62f945015966519bf40a46bc9572d160.jpg

I had no idea that this would be affected as a network or third party! My wife has spent hours on the DVR setup and I have spent hours on the Android trying to fix the problem... Geeze!

PS who would we contact for that kind of problem?

No idea. I don't think there is much you can do. And it really would depend on your unit/firmware... I do not feel like doing packet sniffing on my network to find out how the push notifications are actually working.

So not much you can do, unless your networking knowledge is very high and have time to spend on researching.