Sign in to follow this  
emperatour

how to stream live video from IPcamera to website

hi. maybe this is repeated very but i cant do this yet. whats the simplest (i hope free or low cost) way to live stream ip cams to our website? i worked with some softwares but they are complex and they want infos like rstp adress of cams. i dont know why and how? tell me the best and simplest method.

target: to stream a ipcam from my local network on our website...

RTSP is the way to go it is simple as there will be a default RTSP setting and you simply open the camera interface and read what it is.

RTSP = Real Time Streaming Protocol

Don't forget to port forward the RTSP port through your router.

I always do this at installation just in case the client may later want to have this streamed to their website or some other application.

The following instructions will demonstrate how to embed a live video stream from an IP Camera into a web page that anyone can access. This is achieved by embedding the camera's plug-in code directly on your webpage. This concept can be applied to businesses that wish to share the live camera view with the public.

First you must assign a static LAN IP address to the camera using the following steps:

1. Install the Installation Wizard from the CD to you computer, connect the camera to your network switch or router with CAT5 cable, connect the power adapter and plug it in. Then run the Installation Wizard from the shortcut created on your desktop. The wizard will scan your system and display the device(s) that are detected.

2. Select the device you wish to setup by clicking the check box.

3. Click the "Setup" button

4. Enter Hostname (or leave the default name)

5. Leave "Root password" and "Confirm password" blank*

(*This is important because Internet Explorer does not support this command within the browser)

6. Click "Next"

7. Click check box "Reset IP address at next boot"

8. Enter IP address, Subnet mask, etc. using proper Internet Protocol naming conventions

9. Click "Next"

10. Click "Apply"

11. Update progress dialog box will appear. Press "Done" when completed

12. Click "Link to selected device(s)" at bottom right of the setup screen. This should open up the Web Page Interface with Internet Explorer as shown below: