Loria

Please Help Somebody!!! Lasers disruppting my Cameras

So analog and IP cameras are suffering? So, this means that Swann cameras and DVR aren't reliable at all. If I where you, I would call Swann for warranty or go to an other installer who investigates your current installation as an independent party.

Well if you have the DVR and the NVR boxes including the cameras at your home, why not install all of them. Well, it can be intimidating for everyone who walks near your house. But set the views of 5 cameras all at the front of your house from different angles, since your neighbour only has two hands, he cannot 'attack' all the 5 cameras at once. Furthermore, try to disguise one camera and set it at a different spot for a surprise effect.

Take a look at pictures .......... ITS IP ........ FORGET ANALOG

If you look at the pictures, it's daylight? How can IR then be reflected, assuming that the camera is correctly installed and the light sensor is working or the day/night settings on that particular IP camera is wrong....

We found these articles, they validated some of the things we have been experiencing. They are quite interesting!

Edited by Guest

[i]This is a clip from the first article by Greenberg. Bear in mind, our camera type is swann. see what is written about it:

Early last week a security researcher who goes by the name someLuser published a blog post detailing his dissection of a DVR built by the security firm Swann, disassembling the device and running tests on it via its serial port.

Edited by Guest

Loria, let go of the neighbor thing and heed to the advise that has been given you.

The device is not on the network so would not be vulnerable to the attacks described in the first article.

Several people have confirmed that the distortion you are experiencing is not a laser attack.

so you can rule out the second article.

The best thing you can do is first flip that camera around, second, learn to operate your DVR better.

Your obsession with your neighbors is clouding your vision.

I have done everything I can to help you , but at this point I think you should take my and others advise and stop thinking about your neighbor so much.

I thought we had made some progress?

We have since been seeking information to explain what we are experiencing and we found these articles. they validated some of the things we have been experiencing. They are quite interesting, please read:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/01/28/more-than-a-dozen-brands-of-security-camera-systems-vulnerable-to-hacker-hijacking/

http://www.naimark.net/projects/zap/howto.html

I do wish you would put that stuff out of your head.

Your system is not on the net. But if it was your system logs IP addresses

I would turn the sunsheld around on your camera

And also give your recorder time to finish the file before you view

And see how that goes for a few days

The only reason I don't think it's the cable is because this is only happening between certain hours of the day. Those hours are what lead me to believe that the IR board just wasn't turning off. It could still be that but ever since I suggested it (days ago) the OP has never verified whether or not they checked for that.

I agree Don Stephens, it's likely not a laser causing the problem. It also is unlikely (but still possible, although highly unlikely) a cable issue. IR could be the problem, but I also think it could but a power issue. A bad power supply or...

The original poster could think about what in the house powers on and off at those times. Outdoor lights on a timer, or anything on a timer on THAT same breaker switch.

[i currently have a newly developed power issue with a TV, Bluray player, and kitchen light. I haven't looked into the problem, and it's not an issue for a CCTV forum so I won't going into much detail. Anyway, sometimes when the kitchen light is turned on the TV will go blank for a second or two, if a BluRay is playing the player may freeze for a second or two. This is odd because the TV and player are plugging into an APC brand UPS.]

I suggest the poster try a different power supply plugged into a different source (different circuit breaker). In other words make sure the camera has proper, Clean power. Hey, maybe even the outlet the camera is plugged into loses power at those times (on a timer?)?

Also if the cameras use an 'octopus' style power splitter, that could be the problem too.

When the installer 'checked' and said everything was fine did he really check everything, or just the new DVR?

Thank you so much everyone, we'll certainly put all your suggestions into consideration. We're keeping an open mind, but we have other things under on going legal investigation, which I'm not at liberty to discuss here. So with that and your suggestions, we are confident things will work in our favor. Again thank you all. God bless!

Loria, I recommend you go to a local, reputable, computer repair place and have your PC swept for malicious software and cleaned. That would eliminate the access your neighbors have, if they have access, or would prove that they do not. Take your keyboard and mouse with you when you take it in. There are key loggers that can be installed in the keyboard, in the keyboard line, or in the PC. Perhaps you'll spend a hundred bucks but you'll come away with peace of mind or evidence.

Then you would either have a legal and police issue to deal with or, as others here have said, simply work on learning your system.

I haven't read the whole thread but reading the first couple pages and the last, it sounds like you haven't fully resolved the issues yet.

As for the lasers tampering, well, there is nothing really you can do about that except have a really good IR camera pointing in a direction to catch them while they're tampering and then go to the police with that video evidence.

Thank you so much Dalepres, you're right on target! Bless you!

Oh god, enough of this already...you computer could be loaded full of malicous code but if your DVR/NVR is NOT CONNECTED to the network your computer cannot magically communicate with it...stop playing this board for a group of fools...you've trolled enough..

Thank you so much Dalepres, you're right on target! Bless you!

Oh god, enough of this already...you computer could be loaded full of malicous code but if your DVR/NVR is NOT CONNECTED to the network your computer cannot magically communicate with it...stop playing this board for a group of fools...you've trolled enough..

+1

Thought Loria had Neighbours from hell.

God now I feel sorry for her Neighbour.

Unethical evil bastards!!!!!!! Your conniving manipulative evil in-laws had you tampering with our water bills and you participated in this! Just because you are employed with the community municipal water company, you think it is ok to break the law? Does this act make you an upright citizen? Messing with government data and property and many other unethical activities you and your wife's family have been perpetrating against me and mine; for example now, with your hacking into my wireless access and stalking me and my family online(as you have stalked me to this site and have to read this). Will the law enforcement agents continue to act soft on you, if they are aware of the illegal things that your evil in - laws have had you involved in, and actions you have thus far perpetrated against my family? Shameless you, you lack goodness, or integrity, all of you!!!

What wrong have we ever done to you people, other than that we moved into this community and are trying to live our own lives just like every other family? You have your own family, you have children, why are you hurting us? We've done practically nothing to you. You people attacked us right immediately we moved in, and you never stopped. You spread lies and hate and set the other neighbors against us.

On several occasions, You trespass into my property to vandalize. We've seen you do these things and we installed the cameras.

You try to disable the cameras so that you can continue your evil actions against us.

You hack our PC and wireless access.

Your psychotic sister in law stalks me around the neighborhood as well as online. Is she aware that this is a federal offense? At least just like you, she is logged on and reading this now.

She yells profanities at me and my little children when they play outside our home. She stalks me around the vicinity, looking for, and creating trouble! Her new husband has joined in her hate activities. Horrible people!!! shame on you!!!

Your father in law and mother in law harassment me and my family at every moment and every chance they get to do this, and they've got you joined in and you people act like upright citizens when other people are present, as you go about convincing the other neighbors that you are upright.

What is upright about people who perpetrate evil and hate against others and who bother people who have done nothing to them other than that we are living our own lives without bothering anyone. If these people that you go about trying to convince of your uprightness, only realize your true actions and your acts of hate towards me and my family, I wonder if you'll still have anyone supporting you.

You? upright citizens????? How is that?

What is upright about you people hacking and stalking me and my family online and about ( and as you are on this forum stalking me and reading this now including the countless other things you people have done to us)?

My short and simple message to you and your in-laws is that the higher law is onto you all; You continue your acts, it is only a matter of time, that's all!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Boogieman message not for you. The people the message is intended for, know who they are, and already got it.

Unethical evil bastards!!!!!!! Your conniving manipulative evil in-laws had you tampering with our water bill and you participated in this! Just because you are employed with the community municipal water bill, you think it is ok to break the law? Does this act make you an upright citizen? Messing with government data and property and many other unethical activities you and your wife's family have been perpetrating against me and mine; for example now, with your hacking into my wireless access and stalking me and my family online(as you have stalked me to this site and loved in to read this). Will the law enforcement agents continue to act soft on you, if they are aware of the illegal things that your evil in - laws have had you involved in, and actions you have thus far perpetrated against my family? Shameless you, you lack goodness, or integrity, all of you!!!

What wrong have we ever done to you people, other than that we moved into this community and are trying to live our own lives just like every other family? You have your own family, you have children, why are you hurting us? We've done practically nothing to you. You people attacked us right immediately we moved in, and you never stopped. You spread lies and hate and set the other neighbors against us.

On several occasions, You trespass into my property to vandalize. We've seen you do these things and we installed the cameras.

You try to disable the cameras so that you can continue your evil actions against us.

You hack our PC and wireless access.

Your psychotic sister in law stalks me around the neighborhood as well as online. Is she aware that this is a federal offense? At least just like you, she is logged on and reading this now.

She yells profanities at me and my little children when they play outside our home. She stalks me around the vicinity, looking for, and creating trouble! Her new husband has joined in her hate activities. Horrible people!!! shame on you!!!

Your father in law and mother in law harassment me and my family at every moment and every chance they get to do this, and they've got you joined in and you people act like upright citizens when other people are present, as you go about convincing the other neighbors that you are upright.

What is upright about people who perpetrate evil and hate against others and who bother people who have done nothing to them other than that we are living our own lives without bothering anyone. If these people that you go about trying to convince of your uprightness, only realize your true actions and your acts of hate towards me and my family, I wonder if you'll still have anyone supporting you.

You? upright citizens????? How is that?

What is upright about you people hacking and stalking me and my family online and about ( and as you are on this forum stalking me and reading this now including the countless other things you people have done to us)?

My short and simple message to you and your in-laws is that the higher law is onto you all; You continue your acts, it is only a matter of time, that's all!!!!!

What does this have to do with CCTV?

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

265107_1.jpg

Did you ever flip that camera around? Did you ever try to learn your NVR interface better? Did you call Swann?

One thing is for sure, you have not made nice with your neighbor.

I believe Loria thinks that neighbor is a member of this site....may God have mercy on her soul...This is what happens when folks dont take their meds..

Boogieman message not for you. The people the message is intended for, know who they are, and already got it.

No worries guys, the message has been received by the people that it is intended for and that is really the purpose and all that matters . Thank you all, again for your great tips and suggestions. Goodbye and God bless!

You have 8 pages of advice ......... Have you left any feedback NO

HAVE YOU DONE ANYTHING SURGESTED ??? NO

SO THERE YOU GO ........ take it out on everyone who has tried to help.

MOVE ..... Leave your neighbour in peace.

Life is to short

Ok, but in the future, please do not use our board to air your dirty laundry, this forum is dedicated to helping resolve issues about CCTV, not to resolve neighbor affairs, maybe use the Jerry Springer forum for that.

Like I mentioned on page two and as further validated, the only help Loria needs is clearly from a psychiatric professional. I pity the neighbors who have to deal with this lunacy.

Deep breath. I just had a similar malfunction with my Swann setup, after bringing it home this afternoon. Found this thread looking for some help. But...

Anyway, I hadn't even connected it to anything except the 4 basic bullets that were all on the front grass, pointed randomly, just to test. I did a little slapstick thing in front of a camera and replayed it right after. Plays perfect. Two hours later, I go to show my wife and IT'S TOTALLY GONE, but other footage is STILL there. And then the live view goes BLANK.

But that's when it gets weird, as right then my slapstick hating neighbor pulls up and rolls down the window and FLIPS ME OFF! Before I have time to react, I hear the squeal of same neighbor's son's pickup truck launching out of the driveway. In his hand was a long rod-like device with what appeared to be an amplified light source, stimulated to the point of emission, radiating from it. Pretty coherent too.

Question: Was there a fix determined for this bug? Maybe just new firmware/neighbors?

Somebody should go flip Swann the Bird.

265161_1.jpg

I was happier when I thought this thread died.

Tomcctv already covered the limitation of reviewing images on these NVRs before they are done writing to disks.

The image provided by the original poster show that there is obviously something wrong with the lighting on the problematic camera. This was furthermore compounded by the OP having their camera upside down and doing nothing to correct it.

Swann is not to blame, paranoia and stupidity are to blame.

Lets just let this die and move on, do not give her more ammo to leech on to. OP needs to take the advise given by many members, check your config and stop blaming people.