Securame

Hikvision - how to use alarm outputs from web interface?

I am making some quick guides for our customers. One of the things I am doing is explain them how to use the alarm output on their devices.

With Dahua it can be done from DMSS, DMSS HD, PSS, Smart PSS; and web interface. With Hikvision it can be done with iVMS-4500, iVMS-4500 HD, iVMS-4200... But I have been unable to find any way to do it from the web interface.

I pretty much know everything on the web interface for Hikvision, so I do think I am not missing anything; it is just not there. Am I just wrong and I might have just missed it?

Well if the camera its self does not have alarm inputs, you won't have a section for the alarm in the camera web interface, unless the camera itself has alarm inputs.

Are you talking about the Camera or NVR/DVR Web Interface

I am talking about Hikvision's web interface; DVR with alarm inputs/outputs, NVR with alarm inputs/outputs, or IP camera with alarm inputs/outputs.

They all have alarm inputs/outputs, and I do not know of any way to activate the outputs from the web interface. Am I missing it? Or just there is no way to do so from the web interface?

Usually after you set the alarm outputs, if you want that alarm to go off when there is motion, after setting the motion on, you just go to linkage and select the alarm output you want to go off.

Ill see if i can find a document on that in describing on how to do it in the Web Interface.

Usually after you set the alarm outputs, if you want that alarm to go off when there is motion, after setting the motion on, you just go to linkage and select the alarm output you want to go off.

Ill see if i can find a document on that in describing on how to do it in the Web Interface.

Thanks, I know how to program alarms, I don't need that document. What I am looking for is a way to *manually* activate the alarm outputs on the web interface. Something like what can be done with Dahua on the attached screenshot.

alarmas_web.jpg.32d861c4e83c4462edae0488cfc0c0d6.jpg

Oh i see what you are saying. Hmm that weird why that would not be a part of the web interface. i just really noticed that.

I'll email them and see if i can put in a request for them to see if that would be possible to integrate in the Web Interface. Good feature to have when testing and all.

Hi. Depends if the recorder has alarm options ........ If your going direct to recorders interface it will show alarms ....... If unit supports it

I'll email them and see if i can put in a request for them to see if that would be possible to integrate in the Web Interface. Good feature to have when testing and all.

Cool, I think it should not be hard to have there.

Hi. Depends if the recorder has alarm options ........ If your going direct to recorders interface it will show alarms ....... If unit supports it

All the DVRs, NVRs and IPCs I have tried this one DO have alarm outputs, but there are no options to use them from the web interface.

They can easily be triggered from iVMS-4200 and iVMS-4500.

I don't think you're overlooking anything. I have a Hikvision DVR as well (rebadged as American Dynamics). I've got the alarm trigger option when I use the remote client software but when I connect through the plain web interface, there's nothing for alarms anywhere.