Sign in to follow this  
2085wayne

Unable to connect PSS

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help!..

Getting confused now but basically I'm trying to connect a Hikvision camera to PSS.

It will not connect directly, not sure if it will but somehow I wasnt suprised, but it will connect to an Xvision NVR, but the NVR will not connect to PSS either.

I was hoping that PSS would find the camera via the nvr.

As far as I was aware Xvision, Dahua, PSS is all the same, so I cant work out why the NVR will not connect!

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks indeed.

Wayne.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help!..

Getting confused now but basically I'm trying to connect a Hikvision camera to PSS.

It will not connect directly, not sure if it will but somehow I wasnt suprised, but it will connect to an Xvision NVR, but the NVR will not connect to PSS either.

I was hoping that PSS would find the camera via the nvr.

As far as I was aware Xvision, Dahua, PSS is all the same, so I cant work out why the NVR will not connect!

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks indeed.

Wayne.

Can you connect the NVR to the PSS? If not, forget connecting the camera... no use... Xvision is a rebrand/copy of dahua for some specific models, and rebrand/copy for other manufacturers for other models. Maybe what you have there is not dahua"-ish".

You'll never get the Hikvision camera to connect to PSS. Your only hope is to do it through the NVR. How far are you able to get in PSS before you hit a wall with adding the NVR?

You'll never get the Hikvision camera to connect to PSS. Your only hope is to do it through the NVR. How far are you able to get in PSS before you hit a wall with adding the NVR?

Never say "never"... hehe.