Don Stephens

IP Camera Testing - What do you guys want to see?

That looks pretty good!

My company uses these in the parking lot as well, since they can monitor wide areas with single cams that stream the data back to the building with a ubiquiti wireless setup. It definitely looks less Big Brother than a cluster of 4 cams would in the same location.

I OMNI camera concept is awesome. I have a customer that is extremely happy with the coverage but not so happy that the camera only works 10% of the time. Need another manufacturer to produce this camera and I will sell a lot of them

Where are you guys installing these where another camera style just wouldn't do? I can think of a number of spots to place them, but those same locations could just as easily have a dome or bullet in it's place. Is it just their low profile nature that draws people to them.

I'm clearly missing something with these and I've been begging people for awhile to lay into me and tell me how stupid I'm being.

Edit: Is it an FOV thing and not wanting to use multiple cameras to cover the same area?

Keep in mind its one cable for basicly 4 cameras and one VMS license. In hospitals it can get very pricey to run cables so this camera can be very useful IF IT WORKED

We mounted the 20MP OMNI on the side of a building with man doors on either side of the camera. We used 2.8mm lenses for 2 of the imagers to give us a 180 FOV and then we used 8mm lens for ID shots at one door and 16mm lens for ID shots at the other door. total coverage on the one side of the building with 1 camera.

Here is a sample I took the other day with the 12mp 180.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/112pey8op1i6crt/produce-av12185.jpg?dl=0

How has the reliability been with those for you? I have 3 different customers with them and they ALL have issues.

Had some issues when they first came out .... but since then not to bad. If using them indoors I always lock them into day mode. Had some issues when they first came out with the IR cut filters getting stuck.

Here is a sample I took the other day with the 12mp 180.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/112pey8op1i6crt/produce-av12185.jpg?dl=0

I never really considered mounting them at lower height like this. That is significantly more useful than I had in my head based on all of the other pictures I've seen.

We have mounted many of the Avigilon 180s 7-8ft off the ground and the customer is extremely happy with the results. One lobby we have 2 180 cameras installed and we have total coverage and ID shots at every door.

full res please

I think it is full res if you click the download button .... Its all I have, I took that one quite awhile ago.

That's another good looking image. Makes me want to put one of these on the front of my house, except my previous experiences with Arecont have not been very good.

I will admit I had a few problems with them when they first came out. But they warranty everything.

It is always a great camera to demo to clients that value video. Most of them are like WOW .... and you get 4 5mp 45 degree images in one camera and it only usually take one license

I've emailed two different reps at Avigilon (interested in switching over from Mobotix, Axis, and ACTi) and have not received a reply from them in over two weeks...so much for them.

ACTi at least gets back to me same day. Even had an Engineer at ACTi respond directly with custom firmware written just for my application to solve a problem.

I guess Avigilon is doing so well, they don't need any new business?

I've emailed two different reps at Avigilon (interested in switching over from Mobotix, Axis, and ACTi) and have not received a reply from them in over two weeks...so much for them.

ACTi at least gets back to me same day. Even had an Engineer at ACTi respond directly with custom firmware written just for my application to solve a problem.

What info are you looking for?

What info are you looking for?

I want to know pricing, capabilities, spec sheets etc. Enough knowledge for a company owner to switch over to their line of products.

I want to know pricing, capabilities, spec sheets etc. Enough knowledge for a company owner to switch over to their line of products.

Where are you located ?

I think you mean their Hikvision Darkfighter - DS-2CD6026FHWD-(A) and I would bet it's over a grand with lens and outdoor housing and only 2MP.

I think you mean their Hikvision Darkfighter - DS-2CD6026FHWD-(A) and I would bet it's over a grand with lens and outdoor housing and only 2MP.

No I was definitely talking about that camera. The Bosch gets the win in colour but the Hikvision seems to work in half the illumination of the Bosch in B&W. That's on paper though. Id love to see them side by side in a head to head test.

DS-2CD4065F-AP

Camera

Image Sensor: 1/1.8" Progressive Scan CMOS

Signal System: PAL/NTSC

Min. Illumination: Color: 0.02 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON)

B/W: 0.001 Lux @ (F1.2, AGC ON)

Shutter time: 1 s to 1/100,000 s

Lens Mount: C/CS mount

Auto Iris: DC drive

Day& Night: IR cut filter with auto switch

Wide Dynamic Range: Digital WDR

Digital noise reduction: 3D DNR

Focus: ABF(-A model)

Dinion 8000

Power

Power Supply 12 VDC Power-over-Ethernet 48 VDC nominal

Current Consumption 750 mA (12 VDC)200 mA (PoE 48 VDC)

Power Consumption 9 W

PoE IEEE 802.3af (802.3at Type 1) Class 3

Sensor

Type 1/1.8” CMOS

Total sensor pixels 6.1 MP

Video performance ‑ Dynamic range

5MP (4:3) mode 97 dB WDR(97+16 dB with iAE)

5MP (16:9) mode 97 dB WDR(97+16 dB with iAE)

1080p mode 103 dB WDR(103+16 dB with iAE)

Video performance – Sensitivity(3200K, 89% reflectivity, 30% IRE, F1.2)

Color 5MP mode 0.0121 lx

Color 1080p mode 0.00825 lx

Mono 5MP mode 0.004 lx

Mono 1080p mode 0.00275 lx

US$580 on Aliexpress

I have seen the Darkfighter you are talking about. It also has some very impressive paper specs on it. I've seen them for US$700 delivered to Australia. Matching Hikvision lenses are going for around US$160. So fairly close to the $1K figure you quoted when a housing is thrown in. A review on one of them side by side with a Bosch Starlight would be good too.

How big is your company?

How many employees?

How big is your company?

How many employees?

I have PM him and haven't seen a response yet

Avigilon told me they are not interested in new dealers as they are full and if I wanted to buy/sell Avigilon, I would have to work through an existing dealer. That was so annoying, took a month only for the dealer they recommended to have lost our order. then a few more weeks until we got the camera. The camera was relatively unique being a telephoto vandal dome so we put up with it, but I would never put up with it otherwise.

Avigilon told me they are not interested in new dealers as they are full and if I wanted to buy/sell Avigilon, I would have to work through an existing dealer. That was so annoying, took a month only for the dealer they recommended to have lost our order. then a few more weeks until we got the camera. The camera was relatively unique being a telephoto vandal dome so we put up with it, but I would never put up with it otherwise.

We are a dealer and I can get you quotes for equipment the same day if needed. Long as parts are in stock you will have gear within 1 week.

We are a dealer and I can get you quotes for equipment the same day if needed. Long as parts are in stock you will have gear within 1 week.

As you can see buellwinkle

We all ready to serve you

All the above is clear as day on their website with the exception of pricing.

The pricing is structured so a dealer can make money. That's why it's confidential. Lines like Axis are great products but the end user can almost buy it for the same price a partner can.