Sign in to follow this  
sethlocks

HD-SDI Encoder

Hello. Have any of you had any experience with a good quality HD-SDI encoder compatible with Milestone? I have a project with 32 analog cameras and it seems like a perfect fit to upgrade to HD-SDI. I just hate embedded DVRs and want to use Milestone as the software solution.

Thanks for any input,

Seth

You got misunderstood.

HD-SDI encoder does send video data captured by HD-SDI camera, in the format of digital video, not compressed, raw video.

So compression and storage can be made at DVR box or HD PC capture card (with HW compression capability) on PC.

Milestone, and other software developers deal mainly with IP cameras which compress the video at the camera side, sending the compressed bit streams over internet cable to the remote PC. These softwares do storing the compressed files, and de-compressing the compressed files , and displaying the decompressed video on the PC monitor.

You got misunderstood.

HD-SDI encoder does send video data captured by HD-SDI camera, in the format of digital video, not compressed, raw video.

So compression and storage can be made at DVR box or HD PC capture card (with HW compression capability) on PC.

Milestone, and other software developers deal mainly with IP cameras which compress the video at the camera side, sending the compressed bit streams over internet cable to the remote PC. These softwares do storing the compressed files, and de-compressing the compressed files , and displaying the decompressed video on the PC monitor.

Sunny u wrong

SDI Encoder will take SDI signal ( from camera ) and convert to IP

that what He wants

and it will be compressed

AK is correct. I just dislike most DVR software interfaces. I would love to encode the signal for use, but it seems impossible right now.

Thanks,

Seth

Some Dahua DVR's can be used as an encoder, it's possible their HD-SDI DVR could be used in the same way.

Any Dahua and Hikvision HD-SDI DVR should be able to do it. I think they don't have many models available, since they do not have many HD-SDI units on the market, they are mostly doing HDCVI/HDTVI.