steq184

Are my cameras compatable???

Have never done anything with cctv before so please try to explain in layman terms if you can.

I have purchased a full 960h D1 dvr, only a cheap one from ebay (all i could afford)

The cameras i have are 700tvl analogue signal. The paperwork with the cameras says effective resolution 648 h x 488v.

I have connected one of the cameras up but cannot see anything,the screen is blank...it is recording but no picture.

The cameras 24 leds do light up if dark and am using a 2amp power adapter for the one camera to test.

Going to get a 5amp when all installed

You could choose the output of the screen, VGA is common for analog DVR.

Camera is always DC12 V or AC 24 V

Hi

Have managed to get the cameras working, I went down to Maplins and got a bnc cable, plugged it in and got picture straight away.

I was using video baluns with cat5 so either the baluns are faulty or the cat5 cable needs to be wired differently, I was using a known working lenght of cat5 so got be be the baluns i guess

Have never done anything with cctv before so please try to explain in layman terms if you can.

I have purchased a full 960h D1 dvr, only a cheap one from ebay (all i could afford)

The cameras i have are 700tvl analogue signal. The paperwork with the cameras says effective resolution 648 h x 488v.I have connected one of the cameras up but cannot see anything,the screen is blank...it is recording but no picture.

The cameras 24 leds do light up if dark and am using a 2amp power adapter for the one camera to test.

Going to get a 5amp when all installed

Actually, the cam is D1 not real 700TVL NTSC 960X480 or PAL 960X576, so you may downgrade recording type to D1 then to see how it is.