cctv_007

Unbricking your Dahua IP camera (Tips, Tricks & Firmware)

Hi you need to talk with rf China as that is one of there units no a dahu

but I think they will ask you to send it back….. as no one will give you there operating software

i Have Intrestingly enough i already flashed some Dahua Software Updates to my Cameras successfully. Also i have the right firmware for it on hand

15 hours ago, Otiz said:

i Have Intrestingly enough i already flashed some Dahua Software Updates to my Cameras successfully. Also i have the right firmware for it on hand

Ok so you don’t need the ftp link ????

just remember you can’t use dahua firmware on anything else 

firmware is placed on to the operating software

Yes I got the right files for it. Also uboot is the same I testen it again with a working videra camera. The Problem is just that I cant enter anything in the NVR I see unoot but I am not able to enter anything. Seems like even that is broken. It shows just what you see in the pictures and after 2 minutes it reboots. 

I just don't know how to get out of this uboot situation. And if it is even possible? 

3 hours ago, Otiz said:

Yes I got the right files for it.

We’re did you get the files from ???

your problem like said before …. You don’t have a dahua nvr

i could open a portal for a hour to get the dahua software (not firmware) but it’s pointless as the hardware is not dahua 

again get In touch with the manufacturers who are a company called RF China 

I got the files from my reseller. AlbiControl in vienna. I by there for years and they gave them to me via a usb device and also the right TTL adapter which was not needed because my old one just worked fine. 

I used SecureCRT but when I do it with my cameras there is no problem at all to Interrupt boot and give them the files via TFTP. But with the nvr there is nothing to press not even a message to Interrupt it. 

1 hour ago, Otiz said:

I used SecureCRT but when I do it with my cameras there is no problem at all to Interrupt boot and give them the files via TFTP. But with the nvr there is nothing to press not even a message to Interrupt it. 

Ok sounds like you have it under control 

firmware works on camera but not nvr

and there is a very good reason for that…….. it’s not the same firmware

one email would of sorted your nvr out days ago

Sorry for my Bad English. 

I got 2 different firmwares one for my cameras and also one for my NVR. Tried with my cameras first as they are pretty cheap. But while updating my NVR power went out. Now I can't do anything using SecureCRT. That's the problem. I got all files I need, all the hardware and so on. Just uboot drives me crazy because I can't enter anything it's like just Read mode 

1 hour ago, Otiz said:

Just uboot drives me crazy because I can't enter anything it's like just Read mode 

That’s because your firmware  is not compatible with the software on your nvr

and I don’t understand why your using secure crt

it is as simple as RF website download the firmware for your nvr model…… extract the files onto a usb drive ……. Switch off nvr insert usb drive …… restart nvr ……. Go make a coffee for an hour 

Because they said me to do it that way. I didn't know that flashing is possible with an USB drive I will give that a try and write again 

Tried all 3 ports and 2 Flash Drives. One with 16GB AMD a 8GB Version. The 2 usb3 on the back as the Front usw didn't even read the FlashDrive, normally it would Flash by any read or write Action. I also did some more research by my own. It is not from a Company called RF China. It is a rebranded Dahua NVR I also add some aditional picture

IMG-20220507-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220507-WA0001.jpg

For Real they are exactly the same not even made in a diffrent Company. If you look on YouTube where they opened an alhua NVD 5416IP-4k there are even the same numbers as on my PCB. 

1 hour ago, Otiz said:

It is not from a Company called RF China. It is a rebranded Dahua NVR I also add some aditional picture

YOU HAVE A RF CHINA UNIT NOT A DAHUA

this might make it clear for you companies like rf copy units …… lookup dahua copy or hik

but let’s see how your looking wrong 

YOU DO NOT HAVE A NVR5416IP-4k-ks which is the right part number for dahua unit 

DAHUA don’t use or have NVD 5416IP-4k part number …… dahua also print there name on the identity label ……. Yours does not have that

ITS A COPY AND YOU WILL NOT GET GENUINE DAHUA FIRMWARE TO WORK ON IT

i could send you the past 10 years dahua firmware but it’s pointless 

However RF have that model software on there website ……. Which I have posted many times for you 

I have been buying direct from dahua since 2004

Hi,

I have the same device, Videra NVD5416IP-4K. I dropped the device during the firmware update, I have a bootloop ever since. u-boot overwrite.

I downloaded a .zip file for this device from videra (.at). But since it also overwrite the u-boot partition, so doesn't run TFTP. I soldered and programmed the NAND chip, but the downloaded .zip file after unpacking is (zip to .bin, bin to files: u-boot, minios.. etc) not similar to the contents of the NAND.

Can someone send me a .bin file with NAND chips that goes at least to TFTP? I would like to program the NAND chip and solder it back. My programmer is TL866II-Plus

Can you help in unbricking a Dahua DSS7016D-H - surveillance management centre. Upgraded the firmware from General_DSS_Eng_Basic_V6.08.000.R.20170713 to General_OverseasDSS7016S2_Eng_Basic_V8.000.0000004.0.R.20211230 and now its stuck on "standard 3.5 inch corporate-level SATA port 1TB system disk (or same-type HDD) plug into slot 1 in the upper left....." after reboot. Trying to roll back the upgrade via general config tool gives an upgrade error - device is disconnected and the server reboots.

Thanks

error 1.jpg

error 2.jpg

error 3.jpg

Hi guys

I have a very bricked DH-IPC-HFW1435SP-W camera.
the 25Q256 flash chip is toast. No uboot etc.

any chance I can get a complete chip rom dump ?
or working uboot files ?

I have tried several dhboot-min.bin.img's at 0x00000000 
dhboot-min.bin.img's at 0x00080000
and dhboot-min-halfstart.bin.img  ?   at  0x1000000 ?    (required?   )

I'm not really sure where they should live in the flash memory, I'm basing it on a binwalk of firmware files.

I am removing the header part of these .bin files where applicable
but I'm pretty much shooting in the dark here and trying to build a bootable .bin file, from firmware files found online has so far been unsuccessful

I have eeprom programmer and DIP8 mod on the camera, so i can quickly flash and try .bins

any input / help would be greatly appreciated.

Rune

Hello, it looks like I will need help to unbrick a Dahua IP PTZ. It is labelled as an IC Realtime ICIP-2001HD-IR but shows up on the network as Dahua and is basically a rebadged Dahua SD6982 type unit... kinda old but it **WAS** working 2 days ago before the update. I had contacted IC Realtime support who offered me a firmware file, it showed "UPDATE FAILED" and I then eventually had to use the manual reset button on the camera body and then navigate via the IPv6 address to access the webUI - however the camera would still show a video feed via he local CVBS connection; the only thing that had changed is that during the camera startup prcedure, the camera ball would tilt down as normal and then tilt up to maximim elevation and then judder around for ages as the gearing caught up with the on-screen information showing the elevation not being at "-1.5" but at "57" below horizontal, not corresponding to the *actual* position..... I did get the unit back on the network and contacted IC Realtime support stating the update did not work, they sent me a different file which not only DID NOT WORK but now has screwed up the unit so there is no local CVBS video feed. The camera still does it's startup routine, and the PTZ movements can be controlled locally using RS485.

On the network the "Advanced IP Scanner" programme finds the camera at both 192.168.1.108 *AND* at 192.168.4.48 but both are shown as "dead"... using the "Advanced Port Scanner" programme find *NOTHING* at either of those addresses. Attempting a connecction with PUTTY brings a fatal timeout error on both addresses at port 3800, and using the Dahua IP Config tool to attempt a connection over the same port also brings a connection failure.

My network is through an Amazon Eero so the network segment is 192.168.4.xx - does the camera network connection have to be through the Eero router or would a direct connection to the computer work?

I'm not sure if there's any particular entry in PUTTY which is needed to connect to the camera.
The original link for the port scanner utility is dead - http://tinyurl.com/q53pojg