RipGroove

Ipolis remote view resolution?

Just bought and installed a Samsung SDR-4102 DVD & 4x Samsung SDC-7340BC cameras.

All seems to be set up OK, but when viewing the cameras remotely from another PC the resolution is stuck at 352x288 even though the cameras are set to WD1 on the DVR menu?

Should I be able to remotely view in WD1 (960H) or can I only view in the lowest resolution?

Also the resolution on the actual DVR's monitor looks very low also, no matter what resolution I set in the menu the display looks the same and does not change?

According to the DVR menu the available resolutions are:

CIF (352x288)

2CIF (704x288)

4CIF (704x576)

WD1 (960x576)

Also when playing back footage on the DVR the resolution is even worse than that seen when live viewing, I can't even make it the writing on a sign post that's right outside the front of my house?

I've not yet actually got as far as transferring any footage to another PC or HDD or CD etc so I don't know for sure exactly what resolution it's actually recording in, all I know is it looks low on the attached monitor and that remote viewing actually has 352x288 written in the corner of the screen, see photos below:

iPhone

266900_2.png

PC

266900_1.png[/url]

Does all this sound correct? I'm guessing that remote view resolution is going to be poor as its set like that for streaming purposes but the image on the TV when playing back footage from the DVR itself is also very poor.

Edited by Guest

I've pretty much come to the conclusion so far then that through iphone you can only view a low resolution of 352x288 in the correct widescreen aspect ratio as viewed by the camera and remote viewing on a PC you can only view the low 352x288 resolution but also squashed into a square shape regardless of what resolution settings your DVR set is set to.

And also that maybe the distance I am covering in the shots above is just too far for any amount of useable detail. This is not too much of a problem as I have 4 cameras and plan to use 2 of them to cover the driveway so each camera will be covering a smaller area with shorter view distance. The shots above were captured with a camera just sat on a window sill for testing purposes.

So unless anyone can see anything wrong with my setup or conclusions then I guess I've answered my own questions correctly?

Other than the fact the my backed up footage is recorded in 928x576 even though it should actually be 960x576, this still baffles me?