RipGroove

Ipolis - Can't remote view unless connected to same network?

I can only seem to view my cameras via the Ipolis app if I am connected to the same WiFi network, why is this?

Surely I should be able to view the cameras from either a mobile network or from other WiFi networks? If not then that's not much help to me really.

Wow these forums are quiet.

Managed to remote view it from a PC at work but still can't get the iPhone app to work, just says "can't connect" every though it works fine when it's connected to the same WiFi network as the DVR.

Seems a lot of the people here have busy jobs. (I'm retired)

Be patient.

Describe how you've configured your router/s, DVR and what ports you've opened and why.

Sounds like you successively setup DDNS HTTP/HTTPS using an outside network web browser.

Be patient.

Describe how you've configured your router/s, DVR and what ports you've opened and why.

Sounds like you successively setup DDNS HTTP/HTTPS using an outside network web browser.

I won't get a chance now until the weekend but I'll go through the DVR settings and post them all up here then maybe I can get some help with the remote viewing setup. I'm sure its nearly all set properly but something just isn't quite right yet.

Be patient.

I don't know if this helps but this is all I have at the minute, these are the settings in the DVR.

Just to be clear:

I CAN view remotely from a PC from work

I CAN view on my iPhone with the Ipolis app as long as I'm at home on the same network as the DVR

I CANNOT view on my iPhone via Ipolis when away from home (either wifi, 3G or 4g)

267010_1.jpg

267010_2.jpg

So what do I need to put where? I can't figure out where it's gone wrong because the app does actually work, just not away from home.

Also when going to the Ipolis website from my home PC and logging in and clicking "watch", all that happens is my home router page comes up. BUT when i go to the same website from my works PC and click "watch", it works! I'm quite confused now tbh.

It seems that the app works from home but the PC view does not and vice versa, the app won't work away from home but the PC view will?!!!!

Buddy,

I think i just figured it out....

i ran IPOLIS, obviouslly it said that cannot connect to network.

so i went to setup, device list, choose my dvr, and changed my ADDRESS TYPE from IP to DDNS. your DDNS is (samsungipolis.com/whatever name you you registered your device.)

and that easy.....

I guess we have to be switching once and a while....

hope it helps with you