cctv_007

Dahua - Newer Eng firmware will not run but new Chinese ok

Hi.

I think these firmware posts are going to far .

Once it's been stated its to help Chinese copy real software . Then it become software theft.

Everyone in the security industry install to protect customers home or businesses from theft or protect against.

Both hikvision and dahua work hard to try and stop there software getting back into china copy.

Asking people to send firmware from real cameras to open it up for others to use is a big copyright problem and is also theft.

This forum has become in the last few weeks a porthole to help allied new egg ebay sellers to continue selling copy cameras

Copyright theft is not a good way to go for the forum ... And not good for hikvision or dahua distributors or OEM companies

Chimes copies are taking there business away ..... And also making the names of dahua or hikvision not a reliable security system to use in high end installs .... With all back door openings to there software being posted to everyone

Dear uset, firmware is for dahua cameras which are selled in china. Its original dahua. So i see no problems here.

Hi.

Once it's been stated its to help Chinese copy real software . Then it become software theft.

Everyone in the security industry install to protect customers home or businesses from theft or protect against.

Both hikvision and dahua work hard to try and stop there software getting back into china copy.

Asking people to send firmware from real cameras to open it up for others to use is a big copyright problem and is also theft.

This forum has become in the last few weeks a porthole to help allied new egg ebay sellers to continue selling copy cameras

Copyright theft is not a good way to go for the forum ... And not good for hikvision or dahua distributors or OEM companies

Chimes copies are taking there business away ..... And also making the names of dahua or hikvision not a reliable security system to use in high end installs .... With all back door openings to there software being posted to everyone

Dear uset, firmware is for dahua cameras which are selled in china. Its original dahua. So i see no problems here.

No China camera on ebay allied are copy .... WHY DO you think dahua or hik SAY can't help you ...... Why should they get blamed for no support for a camera that never touched there factory ..

Both offer reginal support .... If camera is not a copy

Hi.

No China camera on ebay allied are copy .... WHY DO you think dahua or hik SAY can't help you ...... Why should they get blamed for no support for a camera that never touched there factory ..

Both offer reginal support .... If camera is not a copy

Ok dude,

I am reseller and i know that is dahua's politic to separte markets, china and other world. In china the same model costs 50% cheaper...

So turn on your brains and sh... ;] just kidin

Ok dude,

I am reseller and i know that is dahua's politic to separte markets, china and other world. In china the same model costs 50% cheaper...

So turn on your brains and sh... ;] just kidin

I agree with vcka...

I contacted Dahua for support with my camera when I bricked it. They offered basic support, but suggested I contact the reseller directly. It was purchased on Ali Express and in every sense appears to be a proper Dahua not a copy. It has all the proper packaging, stickers, model information etc. Only issue is that it was meant for distribution in China. Sites like Ali Express are selling these cameras outside the "intended" region. Internet access does that!

The reality is that the Chinese market is opening up to the rest of the world and people are drawn to potentially save alot of money on products made and sold in China. Once products gets into distribution and are marked up by resellers for various markets the price doubles and triples what the retail price is in China. The reseller industry charges this much because they add value in support, warranty and services, but for many are only interested in the bottom dollar price for the product. In their case these Chinese retail avenues are great.

Dahua sells more product and the only person likely to suffer from this is the customer when they are stuck and need support. For some it's a risk worth taking.

Anyway, this thread is getting off-topic and maybe anew thread on the merits of Chinese direct Internet sales would be more apropos.

Your a reseller am distribution and have long term relationship with dahua ( even before there name change)

Doing a regional change via firmware is not a problem from dahua ftp site

As far as buying from China 50% well if you look at ebay usa import from China or allied then even you must be noticing they are now more expensive

$120 from China $86 from supplier (not trade)

Your a reseller am distribution and have long term relationship with dahua ( even before there name change)

Doing a regional change via firmware is not a problem from dahua ftp site

As far as buying from China 50% well if you look at ebay usa import from China or allied then even you must be noticing they are now more expensive

$120 from China $86 from supplier (not trade)

You are correct... as the demands go up, so does the price from Chinese internet sources. It's basic economics. Pretty soon, the cost benefits of buying direct will be null and the cost will adjust accordingly.

After this conversation it is interesting then dahua begin to encrypt their FW images or so.

Hi there!

I was fooled by an AliExpess seller and I brought 2 Dahua HFW4300S V2. This V2 version has 2 major ugly parts: the POE adapter is not in the camera body (and i will try to find a way to introduce it in the camera) and the other ugly thing is the firmware update.. I understood that this V2 is made only for China and the firmware is not compatible with the 4300S version.

My camera has English interface but I can't burn new firmware..

There are any updates about firmware ?

Thanks!

Later Edit: I managed to write an English firmware from 12.2014. I edit then some files and I have English interface, English Help etc.

Hi.

How about I turn your not so real copyright issue around (modifying camera firmware that you own should be covered under fair use).

It is Dahua who breaches copyright.

The Linux kernel and other software that runs the camera is copyrighted under GPL2/3 licences. Which stipulates that whatever modifications to the code (which they do) should be available upon request. Good luck getting kernel sources from Dahua.

In fact if Dahua was not so greedy, we would probably have much better firmware to start with. Market segregation is stupid (short term gains, long term loss).

To be honest if there was a project like Open-WRT/DD-WRT/Tomato for IP cameras I would rather use that instead of Chinese backdoored firmware.

I am located in NZ, where the hell I am supposed to buy official Dahua? I tried that with Hikvision and got quoted $800 for $80 camera on Aliexpress.

Regarding non-genuine cameras: majority of Dahua/Hikvision cameras are genuine on Aliexpress (you can tell by pulling them apart and poking around the internals). I purchased numerous cameras in Aliexpress and yet to buy a fake (fakes are normally unbranded).

The statement regarding reliable and secure, Dahua, Hikvision and most if not all Chinese IP camera manufacturors don't make reliable or secure products. I am yet to find a single brand (or model) that is not full of backdoors, hardcoded credentials, obtuse password recovery methods. For a security product they surely suck at making the camera secure.

As a amateur what I have discovered in my own time is just a tip of an iceberg what a properly motivated security "researcher" can discover.

Just look at all CVEs for these cameras.

P.S: Copyright violation is not theft by definition.

On 3/4/2015 at 4:26 PM, vcka said:

So i managed to edit custom img file from firmware, repack it - sign crc and...

I have flashable frimware from web interface in english

How did you go about signing?