ggiannopoulos

CCTV Tester for weird problem

Hello all,

I am new member here, so please forgive if I make any mistake about the topic and the subforum that it needs to be.

I have a Hybrid NVR that contains 4 IP Cameras and almost 20 analog. The analog cameras where pre-existing to the site.

Every now and then, and the frequency is not exact, I get from all my analog cameras no signal. It seems like the analog card is off. The IP cameras are working perfect. This is also happening in 2 other Hybrid NVR that I already changed.

The solution for getting back the cameras is to switch off the nvr, disconnect the analog card, switch back on the nvr and then connect again the analog card.

It seems something in one or more cameras is putting the analog card off. Something like water leakage or voltage.

I cannot examine the cameras one by one because as soon as I put back the nvr online the issue may reappeared in couple of hours or... in 2-3 months!!!

Do you have similar experience?

Is there any CCTV tester that it might help me to find the faulty camera(s)?

Thanks in advance

American Dynamics Hybrid NVR. But believe me its not a matter of the NVR!! Never had this issue before in any other site/customer.

Lets start with the make and model of the NVR...

Hi. What happends on play back when the analog side goes down do all cameras go together .... Is a camera showing any problems before system goes down ?

How are the cameras powered

1 or more cameras going down should not take the analog side down

Αll cameras go down. No sign of problem in any of the camera before it goes down! The cameras are powered with either 220V or 12V power supply. As I told you, pre-existing cables and power.

Hi. What happends on play back when the analog side goes down do all cameras go together .... Is a camera showing any problems before system goes down ?

How are the cameras powered

1 or more cameras going down should not take the analog side down

Yes I know you have already said .... It was a pre install. But we still need as much info as you can give

So you have a mix of 220 and 12v ?

And is this there 32 way hybrid ?

Correct! 32 analog !

Yes I know you have already said .... It was a pre install. But we still need as much info as you can give

So you have a mix of 220 and 12v ?

And is this there 32 way hybrid ?

I can see this being a long post ..

How many cameras are 220 v

How many are 12v

Are your 220v 75ohm or 100

Has the system ever worked right ?

What cable is used for old cameras

Have you put a tester at dvr end BNC connectors and tested

Dont know, dont know, dont know, the system was worked right with analog DVR for almost 3-4 years, RG59 is the cable and I don't know what kind of tester should I get in order to measure anything faulty. (it is also my last question to my first post!)

I can see this being a long post ..

How many cameras are 220 v

How many are 12v

Are your 220v 75ohm or 100

Has the system ever worked right ?

What cable is used for old cameras

Have you put a tester at dvr end BNC connectors and tested

Just a normal multi tester to chech voltage and cable at dvr end while cameras are powered up

But again how many are 220v and how many are 12v

Also does it say video loss when all analog cameras are out

Is there any CCTV tester special for measuring something like voltage fluctuation to the signal of the camera?

I dont know to be honest how many of them are 220V and how many are 12V.

I guess all the external that are into a housing are 220V and that must me about 10. And another 10-15 are 12V.

The DVR is 32 analog but there are not all the bnc's connected.

Just a normal multi tester to chech voltage and cable at dvr end while cameras are powered up

But again how many are 220v and how many are 12v

Also does it say video loss when all analog cameras are out

First thing you need to find out is voltage of cameras there is no point guessing.

All cameras going down at same time could be something as simple as bad power supply or a problem with main feed to power supply

When it does happen how are you able to get all images back on ?

I think that you didnt give much attention to my first post!

When this issue occurs, I switch off the nvr, I disconnect the analog card, then I switch back on the dvr and only after the restart and as soon as I see the IP cameras back on screen I connect again the analog card to my machine and get all the images back!

First thing you need to find out is voltage of cameras there is no point guessing.

All cameras going down at same time could be something as simple as bad power supply or a problem with main feed to power supply

When it does happen how are you able to get all images back on ?

You remove the capture cards ??? Thought you was using the 32 hybrid standalone.

Can you list your system

Model

How IP cameras are connected ....... Are you using the POE model

It is an American Dynamics Hybrid NVR with 4 IP Cameras POE connected. The IP cameras are connected to a POE switch and not direct to the NVR. The analog card is connected with 2 big pin connectors so if you pull them you can remove the card and leave the ip cameras only.

You remove the capture cards ??? Thought you was using the 32 hybrid standalone.

Can you list your system

Model

Can you list your system

Model

Its looks like op has one of these

http://www.americandynamics.net/Products/VideoEdge-Hybrid.aspx

With a linux OS on pc hardware....thats why there is an analog card...Its no a standalone NVR...bottom line is that this issue is not related to the cameras...they just pass signal to the card...something is wrong with the NVR..

Edited by Guest

Correct!!

Can you list your system

Model

Its looks like op has one of these

http://www.americandynamics.net/Products/VideoEdge-Hybrid.aspx

With a linux OS on pc hardware....thats why there is an analog card...

Is it the BNC tray your disconnecting ( two ribbons)

Also when cameras do go down are your IP still on at dvr or are you using a viewer to see cameras

What do you mean by BNC tray? I disconnect a card that is connected with two connectors like the one in the pci card to the back of the dvr.

The IP cameras are working through the dvr. They are viewable through the dvr client, not web accessed.

Is it the BNC tray your disconnecting ( two ribbons)

Also when cameras do go down are your IP still on at dvr or are you using a viewer to see cameras