rikky

Storesafe connection with dynamic IP address (ADSL)

Has anyone got experience with how to set up a storesafe on a dynamic IP adressing service.

How was it done; which service was being used; how is the result ??

Many thanks

do you mean something like no-ip.com?

i put one on a router, port forwarded to it. i dont like no-ip though, i prefer to pay the extra couple dollars for a static ip.

no ip just emails you when your ip changes, but the computer running it has to be on all the time. ive heard some routers have this built in, havent tried that yet.

When i do ill write it into my custom software, so the IP is automatically entered so the user doesnt have to keep changing it.

Rory

I use no-ip.com and no problem at all.

What I do is I'm using a PC connected to the router where the storesafe is running, the pc is running the no-ip program I just double click and I know the dynamic IP I have in that moment.

If I am in a different location and I want to see my storesafe cameras I just login in to www.no-ip.com click on mange and I know the ip my soresafe is using in that moment.

Of course the router must be configured so that port 80 be redirected to the storesafe internal ip address.

That's it.

I have actually had a problem, using a router to connect to the storesafe WaveBrowser, directly. I tried port 80 forwarding, but a couple times it worked, but then it didnt again. Plus when it did work, I still had to type in the actual page address, wrlit..ssi etc. I can connect without a problem using WaveReader or my software, as it uses Port 1024, but just not by entering the IP direct into the browser.

Any ideas? I tried playing with the DMZ zone, etc, but to no prevail..

It all works fine without a router just plugged into the cable modem.

thanks

Rory

What brand of router are you using?

I've used Linksys and D-Link and no problem.

Linksys.

Rory, I was in a hurry last Thursday,until know I could connect to the forum, I didn't get your answer, you want to connect to an SoreSafe using just the browser?, because that's not possible, the only way to connect to a Kalatel DVR is using their own viewer.

Do you have a problem using no-ip.com or connecting to an StoreSafe using your Linksys Router with the viewer?

Rory, I was in a hurry last Thursday,until know I could connect to the forum, I didn't get your answer, you want to connect to an SoreSafe using just the browser?, because that's not possible, the only way to connect to a Kalatel DVR is using their own viewer.

Do you have a problem using no-ip.com or connecting to an StoreSafe using your Linksys Router with the viewer?

Hi

I know you can connect to the StoreSafe using a web browser, as all Kalatel DVRs now have WaveBrowser built in, but I cant connect to WaveBrowser direct, with the StoreSafes and others that are using a Router. Ive emailed GE but have had no luck yet.

Meanwhile I wrote (still developing it) a new Browser Based software that will allow anyone to connect to any GE Kalatel DVR, working on the member section right now, and have some other code to do.

Interesting, I allways install the Browser so that my customers can access their DVR servers, I tried what you just told me and it works but just 1 dvr at a time right? also just using IE has some limitations.

Roy I don't still get it, what haven't you being luck yet?

What do you want from the GE support team?

I know by email some persons from GE that had help me in the past when I needed them in case you need support.

Another thing I don't get is why you are developing a new browser if you have the one from Kalatel that works great, would you like something more from the things it offer?

Hi

I know you can connect to the StoreSafe using a web browser, as all Kalatel DVRs now have WaveBrowser built in, but I cant connect to WaveBrowser direct, with the StoreSafes and others that are using a Router. Ive emailed GE but have had no luck yet.

Meanwhile I wrote (still developing it) a new Browser Based software that will allow anyone to connect to any GE Kalatel DVR, working on the member section right now, and have some other code to do.

because their browser software is limited, and not as good looking, mine already has a ton more features. It will in the end be just like WaveReader, with a few less minor features like Disk Analyser and multi site, but more of other features. Its for clients who travel alot and visit web cafes etc., also for location demos so i dont have to install the 58MB WaveReader software.

Here is a screen shot:

ivue.jpg

My problem is I cannot connect to the DVR if there is a router at the location where the DVR is, using simply the IP in Internet explorer. I can connect using WaveReader or my software without a problem as it pushes the port 1024, where the browser is port 80.

Rory

I suppose you are Port Forwarding to the IP the Kalatel DVR is using right? not configuring it as DHCP enabled right?

What I mean is you are working with a static IP in the StoreSafe right?

DHCP is disabled in the StoreSafe.

And Port forwarding port 80 to the static IP the StoreSafe is using.

My problem is I cannot connect to the DVR if there is a router at the location where the DVR is, using simply the IP in Internet explorer. I can connect using WaveReader or my software without a problem as it pushes the port 1024, where the browser is port 80.

Rory

So, you can connect to the DVR using wavereader or IE even a router installed but you can't connect using your browser?

Or you can't connect using neither browser or reader when a router is present?

i can connect with a router with wavereader, as i port forward, but no not using the browser direct.

i can connect with a router with wavereader, as i port forward, but no not using the browser direct.

I've just tried with my storesafe and neither could I connect to it just using the IE.

Another reason for using the wave reader, I hope you finish your browser very soon, if you wish when you finish I can help you testing it.

Good luck