dcam

Viewing ip cam. while mounting/positioning it

I was wondering how you guys set up / position your cameras and can see the image at the same time.

I have got a mini wireless router that runs on battery power.

http://www.instar.de/spycams-gadgets/in-route-p52.html

I can set up the camera WiFi to it and stick it in my pocket and go anywhere to position the cameras using a smart phone or tablet. Anyone have a better idea ?

You can use a Veracity Pinpoint which splits the PoE so you can use your laptop on the same connection as the camera. The problem is most cameras, even bullets these days don't have exposed Ethernet connectors. We use 2 guys and a pair of cell phones with a little to the right, a little to the left, blah, blah.

If it's in your home and you have WiFi, that would help in theory, but a little harder if using NVR's with PoE built in, you have to log into the NVR to see the cameras.

Our installers are now using/testing Metricu M-IPC-700A ( http://www.metricu.com/Products.php?cid=11&id=89 ). Supports most of the IP cameras we've tested, including Axis, Sony, Dahua, Hikvision and many others.

More detailed specs can be read from the link, price is around $600 (google told me, from a romanian webstore).

It's very handy when all you need up at the ladders is this one 7" monitor that weights 2650g.

That's the easiest way, in general. I use my phone, but lots of people like tablets.

I've used both, but my phone (a Galaxy Note 3) is easier to handle. The main problem is using it outdoors in sunlight. I generally wait until evening when the screen is easier to see, but I've also considered just throwing a blanket over my head.