voip-ninja

Budget choice for 360 degree indoor with Milestone

Hey guys,

My wife has become interested in putting a few indoor cameras in the home in order to keep tabs on the comings and goings of our au pair, housekeeper, etc.

Can anyone make a recommendation on a discreet, possibly 360 degree indoor IP camera that won't break the bank and will work with Milestone? I envision mounting these in the ceiling in a few spots in the home in order to reduce the # of cams needed.

Also, if anyone knows of a cable installer in the Denver area send me a PM.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

My wife has become interested in putting a few indoor cameras in the home in order to keep tabs on the comings and goings of our au pair, housekeeper, etc.

Can anyone make a recommendation on a discreet, possibly 360 degree indoor IP camera that won't break the bank and will work with Milestone? I envision mounting these in the ceiling in a few spots in the home in order to reduce the # of cams needed.

Also, if anyone knows of a cable installer in the Denver area send me a PM.

Thanks!

Hikvision makes a 3mp and 6mp fisheye that go for under US$600 a pop.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-2CD6362F-IS-6MP-360-Degree-panoramic-view-IP-Fisheye-Camera/1877678445.html

It looks like Axis has cameras in similar price range that also do 360 panoramic but are a little less expensive.

The Axis cameras would for sure be supported in newer versions of Milestone, not so sure about the Hikvision cams.

Do you know anything that Hikvision cams that would justify the higher cost over Axis? It looks like they might have integrated IR lighting?

Thanks.

Axis M3007 (http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m3007pv/index.htm) does have better image quality compared to cheaper 360 camera (DynaColor W-8 Fisheye, http://www.dynacolor.com.tw/prodDetail.asp?id=25). I have not tested Hikvision cameras, so I can't comment on that one.

Axis M3007 does not have IR, and it's low light properties are not too good. DynaColor W-8 has IR but it seems to reflect from the dome so much that it makes the image un-usable (not properly tested, just something i noticed from overnight footage at our office).

Here is a image comparison, zoomed dewarped image showing a picture at the wall, about 3 meters away from the cameras. Both streams are 5MP@8Mbps (H.264) and no compression/high profile/max quality. Images are not from identical angle because cameras are mounted side to side.

Axis M3007PV

269000_1.jpg

DynaColor W-8 Fisheye

269000_2.jpg

And image comparison of fully zoomed out images, DynaColor has a bit wider FOV, but that's because the lens is physically mounted closer to camera bottom. Because of this, the edges of the image on DynaColor are sharper, as not as much dewarping is required.

Axis M3007PV fully zoomed out

269000_3.jpg

DynaColor W-8 Fisheye fully zoomed out

269000_4.jpg

I'm not completely sure about the prices for these cameras, so i wont even try to guess anything.

It looks like Axis has cameras in similar price range that also do 360 panoramic but are a little less expensive.

The Axis cameras would for sure be supported in newer versions of Milestone, not so sure about the Hikvision cams.

Do you know anything that Hikvision cams that would justify the higher cost over Axis? It looks like they might have integrated IR lighting?

Thanks.

Don't know a great deal about them. I saw them when I was wandering the web one day. When you mentioned you were after a reasonably priced fisheye they came to mind. Can you link to the axis? I might look into them myself.

Thanks.

Don't know a great deal about them. I saw them when I was wandering the web one day. When you mentioned you were after a reasonably priced fisheye they came to mind. Can you link to the axis? I might look into them myself.

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m3007pv/

Axis M3007 (http://www.axis.com/products/cam_m3007pv/index.htm) does have better image quality compared to cheaper 360 camera (DynaColor W-8 Fisheye, http://www.dynacolor.com.tw/prodDetail.asp?id=25). I have not tested Hikvision cameras, so I can't comment on that one.

Axis M3007 does not have IR, and it's low light properties are not too good. DynaColor W-8 has IR but it seems to reflect from the dome so much that it makes the image un-usable (not properly tested, just something i noticed from overnight footage at our office).

Here is a image comparison, zoomed dewarped image showing a picture at the wall, about 3 meters away from the cameras. Both streams are 5MP@8Mbps (H.264) and no compression/high profile/max quality. Images are not from identical angle because cameras are mounted side to side.

Axis M3007PV

269000_1.jpg

DynaColor W-8 Fisheye

269000_2.jpg

And image comparison of fully zoomed out images, DynaColor has a bit wider FOV, but that's because the lens is physically mounted closer to camera bottom. Because of this, the edges of the image on DynaColor are sharper, as not as much dewarping is required.

Axis M3007PV fully zoomed out

269000_3.jpg

DynaColor W-8 Fisheye fully zoomed out

269000_4.jpg

I'm not completely sure about the prices for these cameras, so i wont even try to guess anything.

Thanks!

The Axis kicks the crap out of the DynaColor, but it should for the price!