n0fx

Recommendation for 4 CH PoE NVR

I'm thinking of installing 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I (2.8mm) cameras for my place but I wanted to know what you guys think would be a good fit for a 4 channel NVR PoE machine? I was going go with the Hikvision DS-7104NI-SL/W, since it was the cheapest I could find for a 4 channel with PoE included or should I just get another brand that is ONVIF compatible?

I found the DS-7104NI-SL/W for about $160 shipped from Nelly's.

If you already have Hikvision cameras, I say go for the Hikvision NVR.

Have you heard of the DS-7104NI-SN/P? I was looking for the 4CH but it can't seem to find a US distributor that carries it. I think it's a china only model but I'm not sure if it's in English or Chinese/Russian.

I don't like hikvision nvrs as much as I like dahua ones. Why are you not getting a Dahua NVR?

I don't like how they don't provide tech support directly and you have to go through a reseller. I used to buy analog dahua DVRs but now I'm switching to HD stuff and trying to go through another company.

Hikvision also seems to be popular here in the forums and seems to work pretty well. I've called them a couple of times for tech support, which were pretty helpful for me.

What do you suggest for a 4 CH Dahua NVR? I can look for them if I can get a nice package of 4 x IR dome cameras with the NVR.

I don't like how they don't provide tech support directly and you have to go through a reseller. I used to buy analog dahua DVRs but now I'm switching to HD stuff and trying to go through another company.

Hikvision also seems to be popular here in the forums and seems to work pretty well. I've called them a couple of times for tech support, which were pretty helpful for me.

What do you suggest for a 4 CH Dahua NVR? I can look for them if I can get a nice package of 4 x IR dome cameras with the NVR.

Are you buying Hikvision labeled cameras or oem? I ask because oem/white box hikvision are not supported by hikvision usa.

Are you in the US?

Are you buying Hikvision labeled cameras or oem? I ask because oem/white box hikvision are not supported by hikvision usa.

Are you in the US?

I'm buying Hikvision ones, either from the US or aboard (china). I don't really care about the warranty as much, just more of functionality. I'll just buy extra ones if they break down, the savings alone can justify buying another one than paying 30% to 40% more. I am located in the US (West Coast).

I know a supplier where I have purchased Dahua at

4 Channel PoE NVR $155 without a hard drive

IPC-HFW1200M $115

I don't know about Hikvision, but dahua's small nvr's dont allow recording at 3mp. Max is 2mp.