LittleScoobyMaster

Hikvision 4K bullet cam - DS-2CD4A85F-IZ(H)(S)

Anyone had a chance to try this camera yet? I think they are demoing it at ISC next week.

http://bkeesti.ee/upload/Hikvision/DS-2CD4A85F.pdf

You can't even buy it, can you? I can't even find it for sale.

I don't think it has been released yet. Next week is ISC West and this camera is supposed to be featured there so hopefully there will be a release date coming very soon.

According to this road map, it is supposed to be out already, but I'm guessing this isn't 100% accurate:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC0QFjAD&url=ftp%3A%2F%2F95.67.116.210%2FDISK_A1%2FNetwork%2520Camera%2520Presentation%25202015-1H.pptx&ei=I-AlVfLiAYXXsAW97YGoCw&usg=AFQjCNFW-wru_2GJEhhmPxjSB4GXM6tlvg&sig2=k4clASwRFPVy4Nb1Ix83GA

This Hikvision 4K dome (DS-2CD4585F-I) looks even better. I hope someone does a review of it soon:

http://bkeesti.ee/upload/Hikvision/DS-2CD4585F.pdf

Looks awesome, cant wait!! Anyone hazard a guess how many millions of pounds / dollars on of these bad boys is gonna cost?

Everyone is getting there hopes up for 4K and outstanding image quality. In my experience 4K looks great in evenly lit areas but soon as you have shadows or low light the image just doesn't cut it. 4K cameras need better WDR and low light before they get mainstream.

Edited by Guest

Everyone is getting there hopes up for 4K and outstanding image quality. In my experience 4K looks great in evenly lit areas but soon as you have shadows or low light the image just doesn't cut it. 4K cameras need better WDR and low light before they get mainstream.

Yeah, without bigger sensors, the low light problem will just get worse with higher resolution. Binning will help with low light, but then you lose the benefits of 4K.

I'd assume these will need a higher bit rate and more powerful CPU to maintain decent compression. 4K won't be much improvement if it's over-compressed.

Yeah, without bigger sensors, the low light problem will just get worse with higher resolution. Binning will help with low light, but then you lose the benefits of 4K.

I'd assume these will need a higher bit rate and more powerful CPU to maintain decent compression. 4K won't be much improvement if it's over-compressed.

How will these perform in the daytime with an area that has a very small amount of shadows?

Are you talking about those cams?

269682_1.jpg

Just got them, will test them and maybe post some videos this weekend.

OOOOOOO, how did you get hold of these? Eagerly awaiting your photos & videos of them!!

Are you talking about those cams?

269682_1.jpg

OOOOOOO, how did you get hold of these? Eagerly awaiting your photos & videos of them!!

Yeah, how did you do that?

Do you have to be a distributor to get them already or are they out on the streets already?

Any word on pricing?

Any comments or video to share?

+1

Any comments or video to share?

Patience! Just got back from a Roadshow, I will post some videos from this cam, soon

Good performance in difficult lighting conditions, above average low light performance.

It's just like 6 Mpixel cams from Hik, but with a little better ress

Yeah, any pricing on these? They couldn't give any pricing at the ISC show and they said it wasn't out "yet".

Yeah, any pricing on these? They couldn't give any pricing at the ISC show and they said it wasn't out "yet".

I hope they are in a good price range.

That's what I'm hoping to. I want to play with these or atleast look at some samples here. I saw it at the show but it was hard to test it in dark conditions.