GrahamM

Arecont Vision 3 megapixel cameras

well after testing and seeing them at iffsec still not 100%. to be honest i just dont think the technology for storage is there. the look on the chaps face when i said i want all the cameras realtime was a picture lol haha

I have 8 of them running in our lab on our DVR. Their cameras are great. I have noticed that Arecont and IQinvision's cameras are very sensitive when adjusting the lenses though which is quite annoying.

I think these cameras have a place, especially if you can rx and record 2-3 FPS second on motion events. Live viewing even at a reduced image quality and say 10-15 FPS would be fine.

On my earlier post I thought my Luxriot DVR stablized after cutting the res from the AV3130 to "half" in the luxriot software. But, while not as unstable, I still get disconnects and errors. I realize this thread is for AV 3 MP cameras, but these companies are supposed to be allies under the new IP world of "open Architecture" platforms yada yada..

The Luxriot software even has a menu option "search for Arecont Vision cameras."

AV tech support is in Europe and I think the Luxriot salesman is sick of my calling..... I guess my system is "experimental"- not ready for prime time deployment or customer demos...

I glad I have good old fashion STABLE analog cameras and low tech DVRs to keep my customers happy..

Was I venting? A little.....

Yep, sounds like your a tester .. expect failures and errors

Have you asked LuxRiot if they have tested their Software with any of the AV cameras yet, or they just added the code in there which was "supposed" to work?

If you can get a hold of an SDK from AV .. let me know ..Thanks

Rory

I had a problem with Luxriot and my AV cameras, Luxriot would crash all the time and damage the recordings so the software was basically useless, they have fixed this problem now and the fix will be available in v1.1.18. I have been using the fix for a few weeks and i am happy with Luxriot now. You can keep up to date with any improvements at http://blog.luxriot.com.

I am recording 4 cameras at the moment at 960x600@19-20fps and the cameras are working fine. I'm still trying to find the right lens though, the one i want to buy isn't being made yet.

GrahmanM- Luxriot is taking the DVRserver back for eval and replacement. I really like the software, although I could recommend a few changes it would be minor. The motion detection is excellent and the ability to search and playback archived footage is very easy and effective. Export to AVI and snapshots is an advantage as well.

I'm glad your system is working to your expectations...

What CPU power are you running?

Does luxriot sell the whole server with the software loaded and ready to go ..?

thanks,

Rory- Yes. I purchased the LUXRIOT120/4/600GB DVRserver. Came with a PV-149P Pro Video capture card and four channel Luxriot software license.

My goal is to a have a Hybrid DVR solution to take advantage of the MP IP cameras.

I was going to ask you how that GV card performed with the Luxriot software. Did it produce a good, non-distorted image when there was motion in the captured scene?

Thanks

I didnt actually test it with the luxriot but i can give it another whirl ..

My main goal was to just get it working without Geo Drivers .. which I did, tested with AmCap ..

In order to achieve maximum fps from LuxRiot showing video from Arecont cameras (basically not only Arecont but any high resolution cameras), it is necessary to enable downsampling of large images in LuxRiot as described here: http://blog.luxriot.com/52 This feature gives dramatic fps increase, you could have 5 fps without it and 16 fps with it. It will be enabled by default with next LuxRiot release so noone will have to worry about it anymore.

Additionally motion detection on high resolution cameras is very resourse consuming process resulting in high CPU usage. This issue (among a number of other) is also significantly optimized in coming LuxRiot 1.1.18.