collectors

Remote cctv access problem

Hi, hope you can help. i have a CCTV DVR which i would like to access remotely.

I have registered with a DNSdynamic as i don't have a static IP address. Now this seems to be fine & i can get to my login page via this service for the CCTV DVR, but it wont except my user name & password for the DVR, but if i go to the DVR's IP localy address "IE: 192.168.0.11 i can login ok.

Any suggestions where i am going wrong??

Cheers

PS, my router is a sky SR102

make sure the account you are using has remote access as allowed.

also can you ping your router from outside.

check your port forwarding etc many threads on this subject

Pretty strange? Check both locally and remotely to see if it's using http or https. Also, try putting your dvr in your router's dmz and see if that works any differently.

You don't need the DMZ in any sky router and all the poerts should report as open if you have created services correctly and assigned them to your DVR's LAN address. I also find it useful especially with sky routers to reserve the DVR's lan IP address in the DHCP table to avoid IP conflicts

It would be helpful to know what DVR you are using and what mobile port you opened for it and also the app you are using

Check your settings for illegal characters, (No I don't mean criminals) I mean blank spaces, commas, hyphens etc. If you put hyphens in

your hostname, some DVRs won't accept them some apps won't accept them etc.

Check your settings for illegal characters, (No I don't mean criminals) I mean blank spaces, commas, hyphens etc. If you put hyphens in

Very good point. In fact, if you know your public IP address, try using that directly and see if that changes anything (although I don't think it will because your browser/system will already have the IP address after the dns lookup).

Very good point. In fact, if you know your public IP address, try using that directly and see if that changes anything (although I don't think it will because your browser/system will already have the IP address after the dns lookup).

NOW THIS IS a really is a good point

270007_1.jpg