lidds6841

Nokia windows phone remote viewing apps?

Can anyone suggest any apps for my Nokia Lumia windows phone so I can remote view my Samsung SRD-840P DVR from out side my home network.

Seems to be lots to choose from for iphone and android phones but not much in the windows store for the windows phone.

I am a newbie to this sort of thing so go easy.

Any advice appreciated.

Can anyone suggest any apps for my Nokia Lumia windows phone so I can remote view my Samsung SRD-840P DVR from out side my home network.

Seems to be lots to choose from for iphone and android phones but not much in the windows store for the windows phone.

I am a newbie to this sort of thing so go easy.

Any advice appreciated.

Does Samsung not have an official app for windows?

No one makes windows apps...there are a few wannabe apps but nothing solid exists for windows phone..you can try some of the apps and see if any work..just search the store... start with the ones with the highest reviews...

Our Maxx Digital DVRs are setup to work with the RXCam apps. I use the RXCam app for windows phone myself and it works great. It should be compatible to function with most DVRs if you want to give it a try.

I will tell you that there is one little quirk with it if you are using it for the first time, once on the viewing screen you need to drag the camera you wish to view into the viewing area. Just tapping it doesn't work.

Just for reference I have used this app on Lumia 920 and 1520 fine.