pbar

Remote Viewing Hikvision & Dlink 3780 Router

Hi, I used to be able to remote view my cameras/Hikvision setup from any browser and my phone, I had the following -

Hikvision DS-7204HWI-SH

Netgear Router 834GT

Android phone Wildfire HTC

Hikvision viewing software iVMS-4500

Unfortunately my Netgear router packed in the other night, so I have used TalkTalk's own DSL-3780. I can't for the life of me work out how to remote view now. I can view the Hikvision on my network locally, but not via WAN.

I have created virtual servers for ports 80, 554 and 8000.

Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks.

Go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and check if there are any services listening on those ports, 80, 554 and 8000.

Some routers do not like accepting connections on port 80 from the outside, it is a good idea to change it. But iVMS-4500 does not use the web port, so it should actually work anyways with just the ports 554 and 8000 forwarded.

Go to http://www.canyouseeme.org/ and check if there are any services listening on those ports, 80, 554 and 8000.

Some routers do not like accepting connections on port 80 from the outside, it is a good idea to change it. But iVMS-4500 does not use the web port, so it should actually work anyways with just the ports 554 and 8000 forwarded.

It's have nothing to do with routers

It's all about ISP bloking

I am sure u know about

It's have nothing to do with routers

It's all about ISP bloking

I am sure u know about

Well, if it was working before with the other router, it does have to do with the new router.

If it had to do with ISP blocking traffic on the RTSP port (or another one), my guess is that it would have also not worked with the previous router.

Well, if it was working before with the other router, it does have to do with the new router.

If it had to do with ISP blocking traffic on the RTSP port (or another one), my guess is that it would have also not worked with the previous router.

I my experience dealing with public it's all "pebcak related"

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it. I have just been on 'canyouseeme' and checked all three ports, and on each one it says that it could not see the service and it times out. Was a similar story on the other port checkers which I'd already tried.

I am inclined to think that these ISP provided routers can be troublesome, I've had far more success over the years with Netgear ones. However, it should still work.

I do not have much experience with Dlink stuff, but have tried all I can think of, and most of what I've seen advised on the net.

Any other advice appreciated, thanks.

Ok, TalkTalk is your ISP. Make sure you have opened the ports on the right section on the router config, or if there is a DMZ section, try puting your DVRs IP on the DMZ.

Ok, TalkTalk is your ISP. Make sure you have opened the ports on the right section on the router config, or if there is a DMZ section, try puting your DVRs IP on the DMZ.
I'd highly recommend trying the dmz solution in this situation. It's usually the easiest and fastest way to get access to a single device behind a router.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried DMZ previously, and with you guys mentioning it, have just tried it again. But still no joy I'm afraid.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried DMZ previously, and with you guys mentioning it, have just tried it again. But still no joy I'm afraid.
Very strange. Either you're not doing it right or the ISP is blocking any incoming traffic.

I think that this router can be troublesome to set up and forward ports, looking at other people's experiences of it. However, it should still work obviously. I hate being defeated, usually with anything like this I will keep going until I've done it. Running out of options now though I'm afraid.

The ISP is not blocking traffic as all was perfect on the Netgear router, which I also set up.

I think that this router can be troublesome to set up and forward ports, looking at other people's experiences of it. However, it should still work obviously. I hate being defeated, usually with anything like this I will keep going until I've done it. Running out of options now though I'm afraid.

The ISP is not blocking traffic as all was perfect on the Netgear router, which I also set up.

I've actually used a similar router, and it is a bit quirky.

Here's what I'd do. First, setup a dhcp reservation for the dvr. Next, setup a dmz for that IP. Then try canyouseeme.org again or https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2.

Hi, thanks for replying. I already have a reserved (static) IP for the DVR, and have set up DMZ using that same IP address. All ports still remain closed to the outside world, when using those port testers.

Many people do seem to have issues with this router, I was just hoping that I'd be able to sort something with it.

Hi, thanks for replying. I already have a reserved (static) IP for the DVR, and have set up DMZ using that same IP address. All ports still remain closed to the outside world, when using those port testers.

Many people do seem to have issues with this router, I was just hoping that I'd be able to sort something with it.

Can you upgrade/downgrade the router firmware? It sounds like it could be a bug in the router firmware.

Just for kicks, put the router in bridge mode and connect the dvr directly and see what happens.

This router has no bridge mode unfortunately.

And it is not possible to upgrade or downgrade the firmware, as firmware upgrades are done automatically. Because of that, there are zero downloads available.

This router has no bridge mode unfortunately.

And it is not possible to upgrade or downgrade the firmware, as firmware upgrades are done automatically. Because of that, there are zero downloads available.

ugh.

Any way to get another netgear like you had?

Well that would be may preferred option, but I thought it was a shame to have to go out and buy one, when I have another router here. I told you these ISP provided routers can be troublesome!

Well that would be may preferred option, but I thought it was a shame to have to go out and buy one, when I have another router here. I told you these ISP provided routers can be troublesome!
Yeah, it's only those models of dlinks that are customized for ISPs which I've found strange. I actually worked with one that didn't have any type of remote management option at all.

I actually worked with one that didn't have any type of remote management option at all.

The same is true of this model. There is no native remote logon capability.

I actually worked with one that didn't have any type of remote management option at all.

The same is true of this model. There is no native remote logon capability.

Sounds like you don't have much of an option except to get that netgear again. At least you know it will work.

Are you actually checking the connection from a remote location or via cellular service? if you are checking by using the external ip while connected to your own network your issue is most likely related to nat loopback. This is a very common problem with modem/router combos...test by disabling wifi on your phone and use the cellular network to connect.

Are you actually checking the connection from a remote location or via cellular service? if you are checking by using the external ip while connected to your own network your issue is most likely related to nat loopback. This is a very common problem with modem/router combos...test by disabling wifi on your phone and use the cellular network to connect.
Using a service like canyouseeme.org or grc should be fine since those servers actually try to connect to the external ip from across the Internet just like a real remote viewer would.

I wish it was something as simple as me mistakenly trying to logon from inside my own network. But no, I am trying to logon from a alternate/remote location and from a 3G/4G mobile.

I need to make a correction in that the Dlink router does support remote logon, the router had an automatic 'forced' firmware update, and the remote logon feature did work. But failed after several hours, twice. Also, try as I might, and I have been trying (a lot!), still couldn't get port forwarding to work with my CCTV system, I do just believe that this router doesn't work properly.

However, thank goodness, my Netgear router is back up and running. It was the mains adapter that was at fault. I tried a spare that I had kept in a box of PC spares for years, and it works perfectly.

CCTV, port forwarding, remote viewing and logon all working again.

Thanks again for the replies though. Life's perfect once more.