Sign in to follow this  
Numb-nuts

How I wish I spoke Chinese

I called into a client to do the port forwarding for his recent purchase from ebay (yuk) of a generic type of DVR

The interface is quite nice and straightforward but when I opened the accompanying CD it's entirely in Chinese.

(Well I think it's Chinese) When I use the QR code scanner to go to the mibile app it goes directly to whois and I think there is no way to get beyond.

The default ports are 80 for http and Device port 9101 anyone suggest any client software to download or android apps that use 9101

I'd like to help this lady as she hasn't any idea and her ebay seller isn't interested at all.

I called into a client to do the port forwarding for his recent purchase from ebay (yuk) of a generic type of DVR

The interface is quite nice and straightforward but when I opened the accompanying CD it's entirely in Chinese.

(Well I think it's Chinese) When I use the QR code scanner to go to the mibile app it goes directly to whois and I think there is no way to get beyond.

The default ports are 80 for http and Device port 9101 anyone suggest any client software to download or android apps that use 9101

I'd like to help this lady as she hasn't any idea and her ebay seller isn't interested at all.

ipcamviewer by robert chou has a can feature that will attempt to identify the dvr..

I can read Chinese if you post some screenshots I'll see what it says.

Are you serious confuscious? Its a software disk and not a fortune cookie

I have managed to get the mobile app and had it working by QR coding the APPLE ios link and typing the same name into google play and found it that way and there is a web interface but now just looking to find the client software.

Haven't got screenshots as the DVRs firmware is in English. I haven't got the CD with me here it's at the client's home.

If you know this client well ask her how much she paid for the no support unit. I would like to know how much people really save. If she will tell you then you can factor in your service charges it would be interesting to see if there really is a savings.

I have managed to get the mobile app and had it working by QR coding the APPLE ios link and typing the same name into google play and found it that way and there is a web interface but now just looking to find the client software.

Haven't got screenshots as the DVRs firmware is in English. I haven't got the CD with me here it's at the client's home.

haha

if you put the software as a zip and pm me a dropbox link i will install it on my side.

If you know this client well ask her how much she paid for the no support unit. I would like to know how much people really save. If she will tell you then you can factor in your service charges it would be interesting to see if there really is a savings.

She knows all that now, she was very embarrassed and said she knows this in reality but

couldn't resist a "bargain" when she was told how easy it was to set up " oh a seven year

old could set it up" and yes it was for me even with nothing to go on

but she's a Techno-Twit and hasn't a clue. I still haven't got client software for it. I did try

changing the remote port to 34567 and using CMS but no joy this time.

haha

if you put the software as a zip and pm me a dropbox link i will install it on my side.

Thanks but I am not sure where the disk is now. Besides I doubt you translating it will help.

I installed CMS in Chinese once to see what would happen. A really dumb ass thing to do as I

couldn't even operate it as I couldn't read it and removing it was no easy task either.

Don't be offended if I decline your offer 270006_1.jpg