srudenko

Night time IR issue after rain

I have 4 Truon bullet cams outside. Recently it rained very hard and one of the cams has what looks like white strings / spider web in front of it. This only appears at night when IR is activated. During the day it looks great.

All other cams work fine and this one was fine before the rain. Any idea what it could be?

Attached are pics of how the image looks when its dark and then 2 hours later when the sun came up.

20150419052958.thumb.jpg.698b99faad1749fcfb7659c7b9fb5e2b.jpg

SunUpCam.thumb.JPG.a0110c366a3566b7c4bca003a9bb0fb4.JPG

Those are spiderwebs. The best solution is to have a separate IR illuminator close to the camera. You will then disable the IR in your camera.

I have 4 Truon bullet cams outside. Recently it rained very hard and one of the cams has what looks like white strings / spider web in front of it. This only appears at night when IR is activated. During the day it looks great.

All other cams work fine and this one was fine before the rain. Any idea what it could be?

Attached are pics of how the image looks when its dark and then 2 hours later when the sun came up.

Are we talking about actual spider webs or is that some camera term?

The camera is high up and I don't have a ladder big enough to get up there but it seems clean. It was fine a day ago before heavy rains came through.

Thanks

Are we talking about actual spider webs or is that some camera term?

The camera is high up and I don't have a ladder big enough to get up there but it seems clean. It was fine a day ago before heavy rains came through.

Thanks

Actual spider webs...get an extendable pole and clean it...

Have you tried 'SLIP' No More Webs! It's on Amazon and has done the trick for me. Here's the info

Prevents Spiders Spinning their Webs over CCTV Camera Lenses. Tried and Tested.

• Developed in Collaboration with the UK's Leading Arachnologists.

• Very Long Lasting and Durable.

• Does Not Wash Off like most Sprays and is Non Drip.

• Very Effective as a Barrier on Ant Farms.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O6E71IA/ref=cm_cr_dpvoterdr?ie=UTF8&keywords=no%20more%20webs%20cctv&qid=1433364301&sr=8-1&thanksvoting=cr-vote-R2RUQE5L1FNWG4#R2RUQE5L1FNWG4.2115.Helpful.Reviews