n0fx

Autoreboot Hikvision Cameras

I have a DS-2CD2132-I that keeps crashing due to pulling too many streams on it but I was wondering if there was any way to reboot the camera automatically at a certain time/date?

Everytime I reboot it, it seems to fix the problem.

Of out curiosity - how many streaming are you pulling? I thought I read somewhere the HK cameras can support up to 6 streams...

And I presume you don't want to use the HK Stream Server module (part of iVMS 4200)?

Of out curiosity - how many streaming are you pulling? I thought I read somewhere the HK cameras can support up to 6 streams...

And I presume you don't want to use the HK Stream Server module (part of iVMS 4200)?

I'm pulling 2 Main Streams and 2 sub streams. From what Hikvision is telling me, it doesn't support more than 2 streams officially (1 main and 1 sub).

I already bought the Hikvision decoder, DS6404HDIT, but I get occasional times where the camera stream would just die and the other camera on the same output (vga) would just get slow or stuck (2 of 4 cameras get messed up).

I had to manually reboot the camera every couple weeks and I know it's not a switch issue, replaced it and still have the same problem. If I can't get auto reboot the work, then I might just install a new one at the same place and just wire directly to the network and pull a stream directly to the decoder.

You should be able to pull 2 main and 2 sub-streams.

I have pulled 2-3 main and 2-4 sub-streams on my Hikvisions cameras (different model though)

Do you have more than 1 HK camera? I am wondering if this is happening on all your cameras? What is your resolution, bit rate, etc settings? I am thinking you might be at the max "horsepower" for your camera CPU and that is why it can't keep up.

I have pulled 2-3 main and 2-4 sub-streams on my Hikvisions cameras (different model though)

Do you have more than 1 HK camera? I am wondering if this is happening on all your cameras? What is your resolution, bit rate, etc settings? I am thinking you might be at the max "horsepower" for your camera CPU and that is why it can't keep up.

I got 8 cameras on one Netgear PoE Switch. The NVR #1 and #2 are plugged directly to the Poe Switch also. All cameras are plugged into the PoE Switch and not behind the NVR unit. The decoder I got is also plugged into the PoE switch.

I've attached screenshots of the settings for the camera plus the decoder status.

498438251_ScreenShot2015-04-20at14_24_06.png.e20df183baec8b258694271a8fa1e319.png

1077150751_ScreenShot2015-04-20at14_23_31.thumb.png.3654869094101c2ca969a488c30a663b.png

721384906_ScreenShot2015-04-20at14_11_06.png.dd1fb739223e063cc49431522947761c.png

I just went to try to fix it and it looks like I need to reboot the decoder to have them stream video again. I tried to reboot the individual cameras but it didn't work, the status page says no video frames decoded, like it just died.