Ok, understand "by device"

I also put in the ip address of the dvr and that shows up ok.

Is the view via serial id only viewable remotely like a DDNS set up?

lmk

thank you

Ok, understand "by device"

I also put in the ip address of the dvr and that shows up ok.

Is the view via serial id only viewable remotely like a DDNS set up?

lmk

thank you

you can connect with serial id regardless of where you are at because this is a direct connection to the camera... I am actually wondering if you have the correct serial numbers, the camera serial is too short... normally it is between 14-16 characters.. more often 16

Well, this is the info I got from going into the DVR and the ip camera

I was not able to get them to come up with serial id's via meye cloud especially now that I know it's different than a DDNS and I should be able to get locally as well.

If they don't look good to you and you cant gain access either, I will contact dealer/distributor tomorrow and verify.

720151763_dvrsettings.JPG.e12c2d404d40b9ee05a5b9cb78f53a89.JPG

843443465_ipcamerid.thumb.JPG.0ce6ea033ba3690ec1ccb3f97c784bd1.JPG

I purchased the dvr and ip camera a little over 2 years ago. I contacted the distribution company where purchased inquiring about the accuracy of the serial id's on the dvr and ip camera and I was told that they are "unreliable".

So, I guess I struck out on this avenue as well.

Does that leave me with only a port forwarding option and a DDNS ?

I purchased the dvr and ip camera a little over 2 years ago. I contacted the distribution company where purchased inquiring about the accuracy of the serial id's on the dvr and ip camera and I was told that they are "unreliable".

So, I guess I struck out on this avenue as well.

Does that leave me with only a port forwarding option and a DDNS ?

ugh, that sucks! yes, unfortunately youre back at square one!! noip.com and port forward. After you forward the port to the DVR, check if its open > canyouseeme.org if it isnt, call the ISP for tier 3 tech support and explain you need the port opened. If you DO successfully port forward, try 80 first.. then you just need to put your IP/DDNS in the browser... otherwise, if you have to use another port (like 8080) then you'll put :8080. For noip.com, if you have forwarded to another port, you choose 'Port 80 Redirect' and then the port you forwarded to and the DDNS URL will have the :8080 (or whatever port you use) at the end.

I was confused re port forwarding before and it doesn't seem like it's gotten any clearer over time.

So here's what I have on input of various devices.

1. my no-ip dns is "bbqbrisket.ddns.net" ip address is 73.198.153.162

2. my combination modem/router is an xfinity technicolor TC8305C ip 10.0.0.1

the modem/router does not allow for any input of any ddns other than from "DYDNS.ORG" so I do not have te

option of changing it to the "no-ip".

Note: that the image shows the DDNS enabled.

3. I've shown a shot of the port forwarding settings on the router to the DVR all with pretty much the

same settings except for the port itself. As for any default ports or port settings in general on the xfinity modem, I have not been able to locate where they would be within.

4. DVR ip is 10.0.0.3

mobil port is 34599

http port 80

ftp is ftp://73.198.153.162 on port 34599

how does this appear to you?

are you almost or already burned out with this?

144629043_portforwardxfinity.thumb.JPG.9b73ea09f31c941dbc76599297455c5c.JPG

779161458_xfinityddns.thumb.JPG.15ac1b2d4269e2081284a96eb9debee2.JPG

Hi. The DDNS IP you have listed belongs to Comcast and all ports are locked down

I would start by doing a full reset on your router.

Then I would start by using your external IP first before connecting to any DDNS service

A full reset of the router did not change the ability to get out of the xfinity DDNS. I tried sometime ago this before and

I think xfinity would like people to use their installed security system and use the DYN.org and so they will not unlock it.

Hi . You do need to rest your router and again the IP address you are using is blocked so forget that as well

You have also port forwarded your router ........ Bad thing to do

I would start with a clean setting ....... And don't post your IP on open forum

Find your external IP here

http://whatismyipaddress.com

PM it to me and I will check the ports for you

I was confused re port forwarding before and it doesn't seem like it's gotten any clearer over time.

So here's what I have on input of various devices.

1. my no-ip dns is "bbqbrisket.ddns.net" ip address is 73.198.153.162

2. my combination modem/router is an xfinity technicolor TC8305C ip 10.0.0.1

the modem/router does not allow for any input of any ddns other than from "DYDNS.ORG" so I do not have te

option of changing it to the "no-ip".

Note: that the image shows the DDNS enabled.

3. I've shown a shot of the port forwarding settings on the router to the DVR all with pretty much the

same settings except for the port itself. As for any default ports or port settings in general on the xfinity modem, I have not been able to locate where they would be within.

4. DVR ip is 10.0.0.3

mobil port is 34599

http port 80

ftp is ftp://73.198.153.162 on port 34599

how does this appear to you?

are you almost or already burned out with this?

not burned out yet! i do this for a living

I am wondering... why did you forward the router? did you do all the forwarding in the modem? you actually need to forward in the ROUTER, your modem will need to be put into 'bridge mode' in order to pass the connection over to the router. Then, you open the ports in the router... that way everything is done by you and it takes the network out of the ISPs hands. The only port you will open is the one for the DVR.. nothing else! first try to forward to port 80 and if that doesnt work, try 8080. Make sure you take out the port forwarding in the modem/router and JUST forward in the router! and the key is setting the modem to bridge mode BTW, make sure you block your IPs when you make your posts, especially your public IP

Here's what I have done.

I have Enabled Bridge mode on the modem. I was unable to log back in to the modem router so I did a hard reset of the the modem/router.

I can now get back in to it but I can no longer log in to the dvr.

next.

Here's what I have done.

I have Enabled Bridge mode on the modem. I was unable to log back in to the modem router so I did a hard reset of the the modem/router.

I can now get back in to it but I can no longer log in to the dvr.

next.

did the reset take out the port forwarding? and you cant log into the dvr directly? with a hard reset your public IP address did change I'm sure... so you need to go to canyouseeme.org and see what the IP is. If your router has taken over the network, you should be able to log into it with xxx.xxx.1.1 to verify it (if it goes back to the modem then the bridge was not successful). Im not sure why you cant log into the DVR now, resetting the modem would not have effected that unless youre logging in through a browser and the IP changed. Go to your command prompt (go to the start menu and type CMD in the search and it will bring up a black command box.. type in ipconfig /all and tell me what the default gateway is (private message please) and also what the IPv4 address is.. it should be 10.0 if it is still on the modem, but if the router took over it may be a 192.168 address

Hi . You do need to rest your router and again the IP address you are using is blocked so forget that as well

You have also port forwarded your router ........ Bad thing to do

I would start with a clean setting ....... And don't post your IP on open forum

Find your external IP here

http://whatismyipaddress.com

PM it to me and I will check the ports for you

canyouseeme.org will give you the public IP address and check if the port you specify is open

re canyouseeme

it cannot find me (the ip address via the port)

this should show as open once you have bridged the modem/router and forwarded in the stand alone router. make sure if you use 8080 to change the 80 to 8080 before you hit 'check port'

After I put modem into bridge mode I could not get into the Advanced tab. I called Xfinity and they couldn't get into it remotely either. So,they are coming out tomorrow to replace the modem/router. Don't know if that will do any good but we'll see tomorrow afternoon.

After I put modem into bridge mode I could not get into the Advanced tab. I called Xfinity and they couldn't get into it remotely either. So,they are coming out tomorrow to replace the modem/router. Don't know if that will do any good but we'll see tomorrow afternoon.

ugh, Im sorry! I was under the impression that you have another router connected... full explanation in PM