Good Evening. I have DVR software that creates .sv4 files. It plays just fine on the DVR software player but I would like to convert and can;t seem to find software that will convert it to .avi or similar. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Have you tried renaming the file extension to .avi and seeing if they playback just fine in a computer after installing your DVR's codec and if that's not available for download or on your DVR's mecia (CD that came with DVR) try "KLite Codec Packs" and see if they play back.

If now, and you have a mission critical footage that needs to export, connect remotely to your DVR via your computer/laptop and see if there is an interface that allows you to download the footage to your computer in the .avi file format (I service Dahua compatible DVR's that offers the user two file formats when downloading videos from the DVR to the PC, one is the DVR's proprietary video ending in .dav and the other choice ending in .avi which plays just fine on any PC after installing KLite Codec Pack).

The first question that I ask you is, what is the brand of your DVR card? Then I would Google up this brand and check the manufacturer's website to see if they have a support section for their DVR's. There, I would look up your DVR Model number and would download the supportive software pertaining to your DVR model number. Some DVR manufacturer just offer a blanket one-size-fits-all software that will work for all of their DVR models, if that is the case for your DVR then it would be much easier for you, just download and install the software and then the video should play back on the computer you installed the software, it probably comes with a dedicated player that will play back your .sf4 proprietary video format.

Thanks FranciscoNET. I tried the methods you mention with no luck. I kept digging and found the ACTUAL manufactures site and downloaded what they suggested and it worked.

The name brand of the DVR card is Winbook but I know that is not the manufacturer. It took some digging but I got through it. Thanks for the suggestions though.