Sign in to follow this  
locovideo

HD-TVI test monitor

Take a look at the Genie website. You may find one there. Not sure that you need a specific test monitor for TVI , you do for SDI just no experience of these new transport modes yet, I'm waiting to see which platform prevails ultimately. That will be interesting.

Who wants to buy test equipment for each different platform, it would be crazy.

I know that is so for CVI as I was told by Security Dynamics and there was a post on here too that you can also use standard baluns with that platform

All the analogue HD cameras I've used have a monitor point that is normal composite video

Not dahua's I can tell you that.

I've been looking for one too. I usually just setup the DVR first and use my phone to tune the cameras. This is the first actual test monitor I've seen. It will help with troubleshooting, and focusing varifocal cams.

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/ltax41t.html

If the camera is a fixed lens then simply set up remote viewing before pointing the camera and use your mobile phone. It aint perfect but it does work just be aware of delays on the camera view. If you want to spend ya money, send ot to me care of ........

before long something will come onto the market that meets all our needs again, until then just get on with it the best you can and dont drop your phone off the ladder.

...............................................................................................274377_1.jpg

Sometimes there just isn't a definitive product out there, so you just have to make do until that time comes. Combining too many functions into a single piece of equipment although it appears convenient, can be a devastating event if it malfunctions and has to go for repair (especially if it has to go to China) that always assuming you can find someone competent to repair it.

Edited by Guest

Searching Amazon fpr 'tvi test monitor' shows what looks like the same one that LTS has...Amazon prices it at $400.

And Aliexpress (read up on them before wading in) has one with the same look for $160.

I haven't tried it, been wanting to get one though. I have an SDI tester, but thinking of just going with just TVI for my non-IP businesses...

...then again, I bought an HD-DVD player and a bunch of HD-DVD movies 8 years ago.

HEre is a HD TVI field test monitor. I just got the email this evening

Don't know the price but don't expect it to be cheap!

Should pay for itself after about half a dozen or so jobs.

They are way inder $200

not that expensive

And very limited functionality....! This is NOT what I call rich in functions but then what choice is there so far?

So well done Xion for catering to a need.

and I think the price did appear after I posted so they were updating the site as we discussed it